Assistant Director, Integrated Studies
Job Summary/Basic Function
This is a professional position in the field of inclusive postsecondary education and coaching for students with intellectual disability. Through supervision of Educational Support Coaches, Coach Facilitators, Mentors, and Interns the Assistant Director (AD) is responsible for the support and coaching of individuals with intellectual disability in academic, social, vocational, and residential environments within the university setting.
Annual salary is $42,778. For description of benefits available, see The State System Employee Benefits Summary at https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Benefit_Summaries/PEBTF_Summary.pdf
- Bachelors – some post-secondary education course work in Disability Studies, Special Education, Education, Social Work, Management, or related field.
- Experience performing direct support, instruction, or coaching services in a post-secondary setting for students with intellectual disability.
- Applicant should have knowledge of the principles of Social Role Valorization and the standards of Culturally Valued Analogue.
- Knowledge and understanding of social role valorization/culturally valued analogue.
- Knowledge of post-secondary education systems.
- Knowledge of academic coaching roles and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of and experience with people with intellectual disability.
- Must prepare and maintain clear and accurate oral and written reports.
- Ability to maintain student records.
- Ability to prepare and organize complex documents
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for each qualification.
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
- Masters – post-secondary education course work in Disability Studies, Special Education, Education, Social Work, or Management or related field.
- Two years’ experience performing direct support to individuals with intellectual disability in a post-secondary education setting.
- Extensive knowledge of and leadership in, the principles of Social Role Valorization and the standards of Culturally Valued Analogue (e.g. completion of a 3-day SRV seminar & PASSING workshop).
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Special Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville