Lead Applications & Data Analyst
University Code 24256 University Title Senior Information Technology Developer/Programmer 3 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Lead Applications & Data Analyst Position Number 556110 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School of Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
As part of School of Medicine Technology Services (SOMTech) team and Application Services (AS) unit, this dynamic position will create and lead 1) the technical design and development of all custom, homegrown School of Medicine ( SOM ) application software solutions in addition to 2) ensuring seamless data-integration with commercial solutions.
This position reports to the Director of Application Services and manages 6 direct reports with senior and mid-level developers, architecting solutions for the business intelligence, financial, and educational/academic needs for the School of Medicine, MCV Physicians, and the VCU Health Science campus.
This position will require a thorough understanding of SOM business and academic processes, data-driven decision making, the ability to identify and create business solutions at the enterprise level, and excellent communication and people skills to connect those ideas, recommendations and solutions to leadership and stakeholders.
• Mentor and train colleagues on architectural concepts and infrastructure, delivery frameworks and advanced approaches.
• Review coding, testing, and documentation of all application software and projects and ensure consistent practices with the developer team to ensure alignment with industry best practices.
• Help drive the selection of tools needed for the successful development of multiple projects.
• Define and establish standards & best practices, design guidelines/principles and patterns around application development, building secure applications, monitoring, measuring, and tuning performance.
• Apply modern application development principles, methodologies and standardized tools to advance SOM business initiatives and capabilities and ensure team consistency across the entire portfolio.
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities for team and project initiatives, stay current up to date with the latest techniques and technologies in software development.
• Quickly analyze complex technical environments, summarize status-quo, and perform gap analyses with resolution proposals in collaboration with the Project Management Office ( PMO ) and Director of Application Services to communicate statuses to Departments.
Minimum Hiring Standards
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field.
● 10 years of demonstrated expertise in software application development.
● Proven experience in mentoring developers, engineers and systems analysts.
● Application Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
● Application Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
● Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
● Application Testing – Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
● Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to deploy application software and integrate it with multiple data sources and systems, databases and technology platforms.
● System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
● Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
● Proven presentation and communication (written and oral) skills; able to communicate complex concepts to a diverse audience of faculty, staff, students, leaders and other stakeholders.
● Willingness and ability to quickly expand technical skills, capabilities, and understanding and apply to solution development.
Preferred Hiring Standards
An advanced degree is preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 02/26/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103833 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your expertise with the Microsoft technology stack
SSIS, Azure DevOps, Bootstrap, .NET/.NET Core) for applications
with n-tier architectures
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience mentoring and training colleagues on
application development, architectural concepts and infrastructure,
and delivery frameworks.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What are your salary expectations for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application