University Code 34061 University Title Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Research Associate Position Number 559050 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Health Behavior And Policy Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Research Associate will participate in research regarding health equity and cancer disparities research. Overall research projects are related to addressing cancer prevention and control in socio-economically disadvantaged populations, racial/ethnic subgroups and other groups that bear disproportionate cancer burden in the US and the Commonwealth of Virginia. Exemplar activities include, the completion of general research related tasks such preparation of IRB documents, consenting and interviewing participants, developing intervention materials, transcribing interviews, coordinating information between study sites, writing reports, and assisting with manuscripts and other research documents
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Experience with the research process and principles of research design.
- Knowledge of Federal and state regulation and ethical guidelines related to human subjects research in a biomedical setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. A writing sample will be requested.
- Experience working both independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment required.
Preferred Hiring Standards
Master’s Degree in Public Health or closely related fields (e.g. Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Epidemiology).
Data analysis experience, academic writing, management, breast cancer knowledge and biostatistics experience, exceptional and PowerPoint skills.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range 45,000-58,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 02/26/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103899 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Home Economics & Consumer Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond