University Code 19112 University Title Executive Administrative Assistant University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Administrative Assistant Position Number 571750 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Chemical & Life Science Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Since its inception in 1996, the Virginia Commonwealth University College of Engineering has brought innovative, real-world engineering education to Central Virginia. Comprised of six different departments plus the Dean’s office, the College of Engineering enrolls more than 1,700 undergraduate and 250 graduate students in several degree programs supported by approximately 600 full time, part time, and student employees. The Department of Chemical and Life Science has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant.
Serving as the confidential administrative assistant to the chair, faculty, staff and students of the CLSE department, this position is responsible for assisting with a wide variety of work assignments such as responding to requests in a timely, professional manner. Other duties include organizing department events/meetings, supporting student organizations, coordinating seminars within the department, and assisting with the faculty recruitment process as needed. This person will provide some fiscal and travel support, and handle basic building related matters with the Facilities Department. In addition, this position will be responsible for assisting with hourly/student employees, and work closely with other departmental staff. Work to resolve issues and provide solutions.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- A high level of maturity, judgment and a proven record in an academic or related field is essential.
- Strong communication (spoken, written, & proofreading) and organizational skills.
- Experience working with Office Suite, Gsuite products (or similar), including excel, word, powerpoint, copy machines, etc.
- Demonstrated administrative and interpersonal skills helping to resolve issues and provide solutions.
- Superior customer service skills is required.
- The College of Engineering at VCU supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
- Responsible, mature, self-starter with the ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters are essential qualities.
- Ability to prioritize, and complete a dynamic task list is required.
Preferred Hiring Standards
Some college is preferred and previous years in similar positions within a University is highly desirable.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range commensurate Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 hr/wk Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 02/26/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103921 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please list your experience working in an administrative
- Less than 6 months
- 6 months - less than 2 years
- 2 years - less than 5 years
- 5 or more years experience
- * Describe your organizational skills (multitasking, handling
high volume of work and customers, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you been responsible for scheduling and coordinating
faculty agendas, including conference calls, external meetings and
securing meeting space?
- * Do you have experience in scheduling meetings, social events,
catering, and special events? If so, please explain
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience working in a University setting?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond