Systems Analyst 1 - (STA006967)
Analyzes and evaluates existing and proposed systems; plans and develops computer solutions; and, provides system management support.
- Analyzes computer software/hardware problems and needs; implements solutions.
- Anticipates network system security breaches and secures system.
- Designs hardware and software systems suitable for user's needs and implements solutions.
- Analyzes and debugs operating system components.
- Anticipates future needs in computing resources and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Collaborates with college and department computing personnel to assist in their operations.
- Evaluates software and hardware needs to accomodate users.
- Develops, designs and writes documentation on installed system and application software.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 6 months experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly job-related experience.
Additional Information / Perferred Qualfications:
Monitor service health, availability, and performance for Mission Critical Core Services (MCCS), Mission Critical Information Resources (MCIRs), Telecommunication Services Critical Core Services (TSCCS), and IT Security Critical Information Resources (ITSCIRs) as defined in the IT Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP); using appropriate ITAC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and tools (BSM, NNM, SiteScope, etc.).
Investigate, analyze, and troubleshoot all service irregularities for monitored services and coordinate service recovery using the COOP, appropriate ITAC SOPs, tools, and available UIT resources.
Document all service events and irregularities using appropriate ITAC SOPs and tools (REMEDY, CommandPro, etc.).
Generate notification, coordination, and status update communications for all service events and irregularities using appropriate ITAC SOPs and tools (PIER, CMS, CommandPro, etc.).
Generate and distribute reports (service health, incident analysis, infrastructure availability, etc.) to service owners, management and subscribers using appropriate ITAC SOPs and tools (Microsoft Office, Email, CommandPro, etc.).
Physical and Environmental Monitoring
Monitor physical and environmental health (power, cooling, humidity, etc.) for UIT resources (Computing Center, BDFs/IDFs, etc.)
Augment UIT Security to investigate, analyze, and troubleshoot all IT security related service irregularities and coordinate service recovery using the COOP, appropriate ITAC SOPs, tools, and available UIT resources.
Notes to Applicant: MJJACKSON
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston