North Carolina Central University
Closing Date: 3/10/2021 at 11:55 PM
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Postdoctoral Researcher in Materials Science will carry out research and duties related to the project Nuclear Security Advanced Manufacturing Enhanced by Machine Learning (NSAM-ML Consortium) project.
The Research Scientist is expected to be involved in supporting primarily the PI's research and ongoing research activities at NCCU, as well as developing their own research work. The Research Scientist requires active interactions and collaborations with scientists on campus, and will be supervised scientifically and administratively. Highly interactive interpersonal skills for effective communication with project team members and scientists across disciplines are required.
- Ph.D. in materials science and engineering or equivalent (e.g., Nanoengineering, Physics Engineering, Electric Engineering specialty nanomaterials, or Mechanical Engineering specialty nanomaterials).
- B.S. or M.S. degree in physics is considered favorable.
- Strong experience in:
o Silicon technologies, CMOS technologies, MEMS, and NEMS
o Fabrication of nanocomposites
o Piezoelectric nanocomposites
o Process simulation, MEMS design: Layoutedit, Solidwork, or similar.
- Materials multi-scale characterization; the minimum required includes: HR transmission electron microscopy, SEM, Spectroscopic methods, Electric and optical nanoprobe methods, Scanning Raman (Confocal or TERS).
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Molecular Dynamics
- Record of publications on nanofabrication, MEMS, and NEMS, and nanomaterials must be demonstrated.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The postdoctoral scientist must have i) strong experience in silicon processing, advanced techniques for nanomaterial fabrication (e.g., ALD, CVD,…), and MEMS design and fabrication, ii) done research on NEMS, quantum wire, and quantum dot fabrication, iii) demonstrated knowledge of nanocomposite piezoelectric materials, and iv) published on these areas. He/she must master process characterization to enable NEMS fabrication. The ideal candidate must have knowledge on developing High Throughput Data Production on materials research and development and advanced manufacturing.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Under “Other Documents”, applicant must provide a one page Research Statement describing scientific motivation, prior research projects, experience in MEMS and NEMS, mastered materials characterization techniques, and research plan.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.