Director of Field Experiences, School of Education, Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Program
Antioch University Seattle is seeking a full-time (12-month) Director of Field Experiences with strong anti-racist commitments to join our dynamic, highly collaborative team. The primary work of the Director is to maintain and develop an overarching vision for field experiences and engage in continuous program development that is grounded in the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program commitments. The Director acts as a liaison to mentor teachers, principals and district personnel to maintain and develop diverse K-8 field placement opportunities for teacher candidates. The Director also supervises 2-3 candidates each quarter and convenes regular meetings with field supervisors to support their work.
The Director plays a central role in ongoing programmatic work and meets regularly with the MAT faculty and Chair. Responsibilities also include the development and teaching of a quarterly practicum seminars focused on providing teacher candidates with the supports necessary for successful practicum experiences and the integration of theory and methods learned in MAT coursework with critical and reflective practice.
- Maintain and develop an overarching vision for field experiences and engage in continuous program development that is grounded in the MAT program commitments
- Establish policies and practices that support that overarching vision
- Develop materials and learning experiences to support MAT candidates’ internship placements and culminating student teaching experiences
- Develop materials and learning experiences for MAT mentor teacher support and training● Develop materials and learning experiences to support MAT university field supervisors (UFIs)
- Collaborate with school districts to arrange student teaching placements for all MAT candidates
- Build and maintain relationships with district administrators, schools, teachers, and principals
- Provide resources and assist in problem-solving any issues or challenges that may arise in the context of field experiences
- Contribute to planning and facilitating quarterly practicum seminars● Meet weekly with MAT Program Chair and monthly with the MAT faculty
- Plan and lead meetings with student teaching supervisors
- Demonstrated commitment to working for social justice, racial justice, and equity in education;
- Experience working successfully in culturally and linguistically diverse school settings;
- Special consideration will be given to multilingual applicants and those with experience teaching multilingual students
- Demonstrated success in supervising pre-service and/or in-service teachers;
- Master’s degree in education or related field;
- At least 3 years of K-12 teaching experience;
- Collaborative interpersonal style;
- Demonstrated organization, communication, and problem-solving skills;
- Teaching license (can be expired and/or out-of-state);
- Experience working in and with public schools in the region;
- Experience working in higher education or with adult learners;
- Experience working with school administrators in K-12 settings;
- Experience with edTPA is preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We particularly encourage multilingual people, people of Color, members of other marginalized communities and individuals already embedded within local Puget Sound communities to apply.
Complete and submit the following documents to hr.aus.@antioch.edu:
- Cover letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vita
- Names, addresses (including email addresses) and telephone numbers of three references. References will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate.
For accommodations to complete the application process, and/or if selected for an interview, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.
Apply for Director of Field Experiences, School of Education, Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly