Project Manager and Research Analyst
The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), the leading national higher education organization committed to advancing the vitality and public standing of liberal education by making quality and equity the foundations for excellence in undergraduate education in service to democracy seeks a Project Manager and Research Analyst. The Project Manager and Research Analyst will report to the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Student Success and Executive Director for the Truth, Racial Healing and Transformation (TRHT) Campus Centers. This position will manage sponsored projects, develop resources and tools, conduct research and evaluation plans for project deliverables, and engage with higher education institutions to build institutional capacity to advance equity, diversity, and student success. The Project Manager and Research Analyst also will represent the Association at outside meetings and through communication with colleges, universities, research centers, and other education organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize and manage sponsored projects to advance AAC&U’s goals related to equity, diversity, student learning, and quality, with a particular focus on students who have been historically marginalized and minoritized in higher education
- Provide high level logistical and implementation support for new and continuing projects
- Conceptualize the content for project meetings, and plan meeting agendas and evaluations
- Develop resources and tools for building institutional capacity related to the goals of AAC&U and the Office of DESS
- Act as a liaison and maintain communication and correspondence with multiple stakeholder communities, including campus partners, national organizations, state partners
- Communicate and partner with key AAC&U staff regarding projects, publications, and web resources
- Write and edit materials for dissemination of project, grant, and other reports and/or websites
- Collaborate with the VP for DESS on the content for AAC&U’s Summer Institute on High-Impact Practices and Student Success, and the Institute on Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation Campus Centers
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Master’s degree required, plus five years of experience. Doctorate degree preferred.
- Experience with project management, including grant writing, reporting, budgeting, development of deliverables
- Experience with institution-wide and/or multi-institution educational reform efforts
- Deep understanding of and active involvement in research related to equity, diversity, student success, learning, student development, organizational change, and educational leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong analytical skills
- Superior communication skills and an ability to articulate a compelling message to multidisciplinary audiences
- Strong skills in contemporary research tools, including, but not limited to QSR, NVivo, SPSS, Excel or other statistical software
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the values of AAC&U
Salary commensurate with experience; exceptional benefits. Please submit a letter of interest with salary requirements and CV to: AAC&U, Box DESS, 1818 R Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009 or to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on March 12, 2021.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.
Apply for Project Manager and Research Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly