Pacific College of Health and Science is hiring for the position of Senior Registrar.
The Senior Registrar manages all aspects of the Registrars’ Office's daily operations, including management of staff within a dynamic and growing institution that provides health education to both traditional and online undergraduate and graduate students. This position requires a unique combination of strong leadership, technical, and interpersonal skills. The Senior Registrar must create and maintain collaborative working relationships with institutional leadership, faculty, and staff and support College programs and policies as established by federal, state, administrative, and academic entities. The Senior Registrar acts as a central communication resource for academic and policy information related to student records management. The Senior Registrar is responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the academic record.
- Management of staff and operations of the Office of the Registrar
- Partner with Admissions and Academic Advising to facilitate an efficient and timely process to move newly accepted students to registered
- Oversees all operations in the registration process (record creation, course schedule management, grade processing, transcript issuance, and student enrollment verification)
- Oversees all operations in the transfer credit process and prior learning credit process (evaluation of transcripts and posting of credit)
- Responsible for the development of the academic calendar, updating of the student communication processes.
- Responsible for oversight of beginning of term processing in Campus Vue.
- Responsible for end of term processing in Campus Vue (assigning grades, academic action processes, and communication with students related to academic actions)
- Establishes and maintains collaborative and effective working relationships with a diverse group of leaders across the college.
- Serves on various college committees and advisory groups
- Develops, evaluates, interprets, and enforces departmental and college policies, procedures, and strategies relative to the college, college mission, and strategic plan
- Directs the activities of staff; determines major personnel decisions, including staffing needs, such as hiring and firing; supervising the selection, training, and evaluation of staff
- Enforces the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) provision and acts as the college’s chief compliance officer for FERPA.
- Enforces compliance with the college catalog requirements as they pertain to the registrar’s Office
- Collaborates with the SIS Administrator on the college student information system, Campus Vue, and participates in the evaluation of a variety of 3rd party software packages that may be in addition to or integrate with Campus Vue
- Participates in commencement activities; certifies all student record documents related to program completion and produces diplomas
- Provides institutional research assistance for reporting to IPEDS, BPPE, and other reporting entities.
- Ensure all student information in the Campus Vue student information system is updated and accurate
- Leads registrar team and student services on reviewing and writing policies and procedures pertaining to effectiveness and compliance with all regulations
- Interprets and enforces academic policies and regulations of the college.
- Closely monitors student attendance and works effectively with financial aid
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
This position supervises the Registrars across all campuses.
The Senior Registrar will preferably be located at the San Diego Campus location; however, candidates located within commuting distance of the New York and Chicago campuses will also be considered.
- Ability to deal effectively with college faculty, students, administrators, and staff, as well as various outside organizations and agencies in enforcing college policies
- Experience working with higher education dual enrollment and dual degree programs
- Strong interest in being an advocate for both faculty and students through direct and indirect interaction through procedural and systems development
- Excellent communication, leadership, and organizational skills
- Experience managing complex records systems and computer systems development in a registrar’s office or admissions office (specific experience with Campus Vue preferred)
- Successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to evaluate and edit the content, structure, and format of a range of written material
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration and effective communication across diverse groups of constituents, including students, faculty, academic advisors, alumni, and other staff
- Ability to professionally and effectively respond to customer complaints in person, email, and by phone
- Ability to maintain a motivated and team-oriented attitude even under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines within time constraints
Education and Experience:
5 years progressive experience in a registrar/student services functional capacity within higher education.
Master’s Degree in higher education, school administration, student affairs, or educational services.
Highly skilled in computer applications
3-5 years Registrar’s Office supervisory experience
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at a desk and operate a computer using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send a cover letter describing qualifications and resume/CV to email@example.com The application deadline is March 26th, 2021.
Pacific College of Health and Science is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in the field of integrative medicine, more particularly in the areas of Chinese medicine, acupuncture, holistic nursing, massage therapy, human performance, public health education and herbal medicine, including medical cannabis. Founded in 1986, Pacific College is home to beautiful campuses and busy clinics in New York, San Diego, and Chicago, as well as a rapidly growing online division. Pacific College features an esteemed faculty of over 200 professors from around the globe, which conduct ongoing research and educate approximately 2000 students every year.
After 30+ years, the College just underwent a rebranding and name change transition in 2020, designed to accommodate the rapid expansion of its program offerings and student population.
We offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals. We are committed to creating a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students.
Pacific College of Health and Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for Senior Registrar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly