Assistant Professor, Business (Tenure Track)
JOB SUMMARY The Marymount University College of Business, Innovation, Leadership, and Technology (BILT) invites applications for tenure-track assistant professor positions within the College. Candidates with competencies in accounting, leadership, organizational development, entrepreneurship or strategy, with demonstrable teaching and scholarly interest will be given fullest consideration. Faculty are expected to teach high quality courses in online and face-to-face settings. The College’s assistant professors have the opportunity to work with doctoral students, as well as undergraduate and master’s level students in our student-centric, agile environment. The most desirable candidates will be interested in conducting high impact research with our faculty in our commitment to advancing research across disciplines in business, technology, and entrepreneurship. The College of BILT is located at Marymount University’s Ballston Center in the heart of one of Arlington’s business districts. Our college is committed to preparing students for the industries in our community from startups to large established companies, including Amazon HQ2. Marymount University is centrally located in one of the largest growing technology communities in the country with ample consulting and research opportunities in the Washington D.C. market. The School of Business is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and is the candidacy phase of AACSB International (AACSB) accreditation with the strategic support of Marymount’s Board of Trustees. Marymount University welcomes and values all members of our community. Guided by the mission of our founders, the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM), to achieve unity through diversity, Marymount honors our diversity as a source of strength. Our differences inspire intellectual curiosity and collectively allow us to tackle the challenges of the world. We seek to foster an inclusive community in which each person’s race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, ability, class, national origin, and immigration status are fully respected and celebrated. According to the vision of the RSHM that “ALL may have life, and have it to the FULL,” we strive to create an atmosphere of mutual respect, cooperation, and civility where all community members are S.A.I.N.T.S—Safe, Accepted, Included, Needed, Treasured, and Seen. Please submit a letter of interest describing your academic and professional experiences, scholarly interests and teaching philosophy; a current C.V.; and a list of three professional references where prompted. Direct Supervisor Dean, College of Business, Innovation, Leadership, and Technology (BILT) Status Full-Time, Exempt Division Academic Affairs No. Direct Reports 0 Target Weekly Hours 40 Location Ballston Benefits Eligibility Yes MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach a 3/3 course load each year including courses from undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels;
- Maintain a successful record of quality, peer reviewed scholarship;
- Serve as a mentor/advisor for students studying business at the undergraduate, masters and doctorate levels including ensuring workplace readiness;
- Be engaged in a variety of admissions and recruitment events for the school, particularly at the doctorate level;
- Participate in the university community, including attending all required meetings such as Faculty Council, college meetings and convocation;
- Actively be involved in the additional school activities, including School curriculum revisions, out-of-classroom speaker presentations, interacting with local business, and working with the local community on service projects.
- Assuming professional responsibilities as requested by the Dean of the College or the Director of the School.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Business Administration Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Arlington