February 5, 2021
Thunderbird School of Global Management at Arizona State University seeks to hire several full-time, tenure-track professors (assistant, associate or full rank) in a range of fields including finance, accounting, digital transformation, data analytics, marketing, international public and non-profit leadership, cross-cultural leadership, cross-cultural management, negotiations, global affairs, diversity and inclusion, creative industries, sustainability, international law and related fields. These full-time, tenure-track positions begin August 2021.
Arizona State University is a new model for higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city, and in many locations around the world. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
About Thunderbird School of Global Management:
Thunderbird School of Global Management (#1 Masters in Management THE/WSJ 2019) at Arizona State University (#1 for Innovation US News & World Report) is the most global and digital leadership, management and professional school in the world. Under the visionary leadership of Dr. Sanjeev Khagram, Thunderbird has regained its vanguard position with a vision to advance sustainable and equitable prosperity worldwide, and mission to empower and influence global leaders and global leadership in the private, public and non-profit sectors for the 4th Industrial Revolution.
In less than three years, the School has doubled in size, undertaken a dramatic set of curricular innovations, expanded and diversified its executive education portfolio, and established 12 new regional centers of excellence around the world from Tokyo to Nairobi, Dubai to Bogota, Shanghai to Geneva, Moscow to Jakarta. A new state of the art and most digitally advanced global headquarters of any professional school in the world will be completed by July 2021. The number of regional centers will grow to 25 by 2023 in cities such as Mumbai, Mexico City, Istanbul, Dakar and London among others. Opportunities for executive education teaching around the world are dramatically growing at Thunderbird.
Thunderbird faculty are a globally diverse and collaborative group that value our cultural and intellectual diversity and continually strive to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. The Thunderbird faculty are proudly pluralistic and firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding candidates of every race, gender, creed, national origin, sexual orientation and identity background. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and have a deep “global mindset”, are entrepreneurial and innovative. We welcome candidates from any part of the world.
For additional information, please visit our website: thunderbird.asu.edu.
- Multiple modality teaching
- Conduct and publish high quality research
- Student advising
- Participation in shared governance including serving on committees as assigned, and engaging in service
- Other duties as assigned
Doctoral degree or foreign equivalent in a related field of study.
- Candidates nearing completion of their degree with significant research, teaching and/or practical track record may be considered. ABD candidates must successfully defend their dissertation by July1, 2021.
- Candidates must demonstrate the potential to actively publish in premier scholarly and practitioner journals and/or books in highly ranked presses in their discipline.
- Candidates must demonstrate the potential to teach effectively at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Candidates for tenured Associate or Full positions should have international reputations, expertise, and distinguished records in terms of scholarship, applied experience, external leadership, and university service. They should demonstrate a capacity and willingness for academic and professional entrepreneurship and innovation. Candidates for tenured Associate or Full positions must be able to meet the requirements for tenure at Thunderbird and Arizona State University.
- Candidates must demonstrate evidence of commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Candidates must demonstrate ability to work collectively with peers and colleagues in academic settings, in organizational settings, and/or in the community.
- A “global mindset” and demonstrated capacity for academic and professional entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Strong preference given to those engaging in cutting-edge 4th Industrial Revolution/Industry 4.0 and cross-sectoral competencies (business, government, non-profit) scholarship within their discipline.
- Ability to teach in multiple modalities (in person, synchronous digital, asynchronous on-line, hybrid/blended) using innovative pedagogy
- Executive education teaching experience is welcomed
- Proficiency in more than one language
- Experience living and working in more than one country
Instructions to Apply:
- A cover letter that addresses how you meet the qualifications and why you are interested in in this position at Thunderbird at Arizona State University.
- A curriculum vitae (including a list of manuscripts under review identifying journal and review status.
- A research statement.
- A teaching statement with evidence of teaching competencies/teaching evaluations (if available).
- A statement addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity and inclusion will advance the Thunderbird School’s commitment to inclusion excellence (one page maximum).
- A list of three (3) references.
- Applicants advancing to the second round of review may be asked to provide additional materials.
All applications must be submitted electronically via uploaded (https://apply.interfolio.com/84091)
Starting on February 11 applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed every week in the order in which they were received until the positions are filled.
Arizona State University conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses and certifications.
Arizona State University is a VEVRRA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. See Arizona State University’s complete nondiscrimination statement at https://asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at
https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf (https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Reportpdf). You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at +1-480-965-3456.