Instructor of Physical Education and Sport Science-Adventure Education
- The incumbent would be expected to teach courses that would include, but are not limited to: fundamentals of adventure education, outdoor pursuits, climbing wall instruction and certification, challenge course instruction and certification, adventure education practicum supervision, physical education general education program courses, physical education teacher education courses.
- Instruct courses in varied locations, at varied times, and via various media commensurate with department and university needs.
- Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of field.
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance teaching abilities.
- Contribute to student growth and development including student advising
- Support Winona State University's mission to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural, and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve. Provide service to the university and community including the program, department, college, university and greater community.
- Assist with programmatic accreditation
- Assist with growth in the Physical Education and Sport Science Department
- Assist with student recruitment to Winona State University
- Earned Master’s Degree in Physical Education, Education Leadership or Leadership Education.
- Three (3) years of experience teaching university courses in physical education adventure education.
- Experience teaching fundamental physical education focusing on adventure education and outdoor pursuits including paddle activities.
- Experience with adventure trip programming within physical education adventure education programs.
- Certified as a Climbing Wall Instructor, Single Pitch Instructor and Indoor and Outdoor Course Provider.
- Certified as a Wilderness First Aid Instructor and Leave No Trace Trainer.
- Certified as a Wilderness Medicine Instructor from National Outdoor Leadership School or Wilderness Medicine Association.
- Skills/ability to integrate technology to enhance learning and teaching.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching.
- Experience serving as a club advisor for adventure education.
- Experience advising students in physical education and adventure education.
- Experience with some or all of the following teaching delivery methods: traditional, online, hybrid.
- Documented facility and risk management training.
- Documented grant writing experience within university and community partnerships
- Documented fundraising experience.
- Experience teaching winter activities including camping, ice climbing, snowshoeing.
- Experience with Challenge Course facilitation and instruction.