Reporting to the Assistant Director for Occupational Health and Safety, the Industrial Hygienist develops and implements industrial hygiene programs to address the evaluation and control of health hazards for employees of Virginia Tech. Serves as subject matter expert concerning chemical and particulate industrial hygiene evaluations and controls, and acts as a consultant to the university community for related issues.
• A degree in industrial hygiene, safety engineering, or closely related discipline or training and work experience equivalent to an advanced degree.
• Must be able to obtain Certified Industrial Hygiene Certification within 3 years of employment
• Experience working as an industrial hygienist.
• Demonstrated knowledge of interpretations, technical principles, practices, and procedures used to comply with industrial hygiene-related OSHA regulations and industry standards.
• Experience with respiratory protection regulations and fit testing protocols.
• Working knowledge of a variety of sampling techniques including asbestos/lead sampling and assessments. Experience developing and providing employee training programs. Experience recommending procedural and/or resource changes to management.
• An advanced degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering, or closely related discipline.
• Experience performing chemical, gas, and vapor monitoring, particulate monitoring, ventilation system evaluations, and testing.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist.
• Licensed or able to obtain licensure as an asbestos inspector, asbestos management planner, and lead inspector/risk assessor.
$58,000 - $62,700
April 5, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Operations HR at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: February 25, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Engineering Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg