Part-Time Faculty WDCE Alternative Certification for Effective Teachers Instructor
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitlePart-Time Faculty WDCE Alternative Certification for Effective Teachers Instructor
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College Workforce Development and Continuing Education division is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching in the Alternative Certification for Effective Teachers program. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach, review and explain expectations for lesson demonstration assignments for participants and provide a model lesson in the subject area.
- Use ACET Effective Teaching Skills Rubric to grade lesson demonstrations and provide feedback.
- Provide office hours where students can ask questions and to share ideas on upcoming lesson plans.
- Post resources and other relevant materials on the corresponding Blackboard site.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Current Maryland teacher certification in assigned content areas.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal computer, please notify the department chair at the time of interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Current or retired Montgomery County Public Schools teacher with experience in the assigned content area.
- Graduate of ACET program .
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by March 25, 2021
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateThursday, March 25, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.