Applications Administrator II - Sharepoint
Under supervision of the Manager of Application Services in the Office of Information Technology, the Application Administrator II supports Sharepoint application, Sharepoint sites and related Microsoft services for centralized, enterprise-level technology service delivery. Helps to ensure the area’s technological level remains up to date and provides 24x7 availability support for assigned applications. Helps with solutions to problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the University of Central Oklahoma.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Performs all aspects of functional system administration and technical application management for assigned applications. Communicates and fosters professional relationships with clients (faculty, staff, students, external), committees and departments. Coordinates with other OIT departments for integration and connectivity. Works with system administrators, database administrators, application administrators, software developers, and web administrators in installation/upgrades and maintaining services, as appropriate. Participates in IT project committees and appropriate application user groups.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the university’s SharePoint environment and related applications such as Microsoft Office 365 suite of products . Aids in integration of services with other cloud-based applications and tools.
- Performs implementation tasks related to Microsoft SharePoint and other cloud applications, including configuration, integration, custom programming and end user rollouts. Reviews manual processes and automates tasks when feasible.
- Responsible for SharePoint site organization, coding, publishing, and updates; evaluating site performance with thorough analysis; and ensure all web properties adhere to security and accessibility guidelines.
- Manages role based access and privileges to Sharepoint sites and overall content management.
- Manages SharePoint implementations from initial installation to maintenance, backups, recoveries, and further custom design.
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements. Designs, creates, tests, and maintains content solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Discovers, designs and implements Advanced SharePoint solutions for clients.
- Proactive approach to monitoring performance and capacity to ensure access, availability and usability of supported systems.
- Creates and maintains documentation including diagrams, operational and support procedures. Publishes client-facing support documents to improve user experience. Collaborates with Technology Resource Center trainers and support staff to create online training modules and deliver scheduled and just-in -time application training opportunities.
- Maintain access, security, scalability and usability of assigned application(s).
- Researches and communicates new features of assigned application(s) and unused tool functionality to drive the platform expansion and adoption, which includes developing road maps, guides, standards and procedures.
- Interacts with end users, service desk, team members and stakeholders in gathering information to define and document required changes to the environment. Assists IT management in preparing business and use cases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in job related field plus 6 years enterprise application experience or 10 years of comparable work experience. Proven track record of successful implementations of Microsoft SharePoint and O365 in a large enterprise environment including installations, implementations, project management, requirements gathering, and customization.
- MCTS and/or MCITP certifications for SharePoint development preferred.
- Extensive experience in administering an Active Directory environment.
- Experience managing Sharepoint and MS Teams linked privileges, roles, and shared content management
- Experience creating, modifying, and troubleshooting scripts within a large enterprise using languages such as PowerShell, PowerShell ISE, shell.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL v3 Foundations, MCSA: MSOffice 365 or MCSA: Cloud Platform.
- A Bachelor or Masters of Science degree in a technical field, such as Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
Will this employee supervise others?
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond