Maintenance Technician 999903
Required to work first or second shift Monday through Friday, also first or second shift, on a rotational basis, on weekends and holidays.
Xavier University’s Department of Physical Plant is seeking applications for a Maintenance Technician. The primary purpose of this position is to independently operate, repair and perform preventive maintenance on heating, ventilating, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing and other mechanical systems and work on boilers, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and other mechanical equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment and follow all established safety practices and procedures.
- Work with various hand and power tools, meters and test equipment.
- Interpret drawings and blue prints, system descriptions and technical literature.
- Troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic and DDC control systems.
- Perform scheduled routine/preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment.
- Complete work orders.
- Perform chemical tests of chiller water, cooling tower water and boiler water and add chemicals as required monitoring to insure correct levels.
- Test and repair fire alarm systems and associated hardware.
- Keep records of work performed.
- Perform basic carpentry and lock repair.
- Perform related duties as directed by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Formal trade school or apprenticeship program in general maintenance or a related field plus four years work experience, preferably in a college, hospital or commercial environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Universal refrigeration certification.
- Ability to lift heavy loads (approximate maximum 125 pounds), and work from ladders, scaffolding and aerial lift devices.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and driving record deemed insurable under Xavier’s policies and an available personal vehicle.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration for this position, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and names and phone numbers of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by March 11, 2021 .
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati