Administrative Assistant III, Dean of Students/Title IX 998447
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal art and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
The Administrative Assistant III position provides high-level administrative, scheduling and budgetary support to 6 full-time professional staff members in the Dean of Students Office and the Title IX and Interpersonal Violence Response Office within the Division of Student Affairs.
Top level duties include, but are not limited to, the coordination of all response and referral systems for students, faculty and staff regarding complex and often critical student behavioral and health needs; coordination of procedural details and processes tied to the Student Conduct process and the Xavier Action and Care Team (XACT) including the highest level administration of the student behavior database and support of complex Title IX procedures; the monitoring of financial processes within the Dean of Students Office and Title IX and Interpersonal Violence Response Office and the administration of operating budgets for all departments reporting to the Dean of Students; the daily maintenance of calendars for the Dean of Students, the Title IX and Interpersonal Violence Response Coordinator, and other professional staff as needed; the coordination of events trainings and meetings for professional staff in the Dean of Students and Title IX and Interpersonal Violence Response Offices; the provision of customer service to University students, parents, faculty, administrators, staff and external constituents; and the development and distribution of communications and reports for the Dean of Students Office and the Title IX and Interpersonal Violence Response Office.
The Administrative Assistant’s principal responsibilities include the following:
- Provide administrative assistance for 6 full-time professional staff members in the Dean of Students and the Title IX and Interpersonal Violence Response Office. Support includes answering of phone calls, calendar scheduling, internal and external communications, event coordination, creation of reports, correspondence, budgetary oversight, and overall office support.
- Coordinate processes in support of Xavier’s response to critical student issues including serious behavioral incidents, mental health crises and reports of sex assault and discrimination. Maintain a working knowledge of policies and procedures tied to Xavier’s student conduct process and incident response functions and communicate these policies to Xavier community members and external stakeholders.
- Provide customer service to students, parents, staff, and others contacting the Dean of Students Office and the Office of Student Affairs. Facilitate phone calls for staff in the Dean of Students Office and the Title IX and Interpersonal Violence Response Office. Provide support for the Associate Provost for Student Affairs in a backup roll.
- Oversee the administration of student behavior database and all processes for Maxient software. This involves training new users on the software, developing a knowledge base/documentation system for users, serving as intermediary between Maxient vendor and Xavier staff, customizing the system for optimal use for a variety of functions and supporting staff in the Office of Residence Life, the Director for Student Integrity; the Director of Care Management Services and the Care Management Coordinator as well as members of the Xavier Action and Care Team in their Maxient use.
- Prepare highly sensitive correspondence to students, advisers, attorneys and hearing panel members. This includes all relevant, FERPA-redacted material, such as incident reports, tickets, witness statements, Title IX and Interpersonal Violence Response Investigation reports and oversee the maintenance, storage and reporting of confidential student records in digital, audio and hard copy format as needed and in compliance with federal privacy laws.
- Develop and distribute various communications and reports for professional staff in the Dean of Students office and the Title IX and Interpersonal Violence Response office including oversight of the annual revision and dissemination of the Student Handbook. Maintain a working knowledge of policies and procedures associated with Clery, FERPA, Title IX and the Student Conduct Process.
Preferred Experience Required :
- 3-5 years proven experience as an administrative assistant or secretary. Experience must include supporting multiple professionals in a dynamic professional setting. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a higher education setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience conveying information to internal and external constituents in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling demanding situations.
- Experience handling confidential information and correspondence and a familiarity with methods and approaches to maintaining confidentiality.
- Proven experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Must demonstrate strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency within a variety of systems/platforms including database and financial management systems as well as standard professional software systems.
Preferred Education Leve l: High School required/Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, candidates may submit a resume, cover letter, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references by March 11, 2021 .
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati