Continuing Education Lecturer - CPR Instructor - Part Time
CONTINUING EDUCATION LECTURER - CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) INSTRUCTOR - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
If you are a certified CPR instructor, this job opportunity is for you! Malcolm X College (MXC) is hiring CPR instructors to respond to the high demand for CPR training. Through it's Continuing Education Department, MXC seeks dynamic, experienced, engaging, and Certified CPR instructors to teach in-person (or remotely) a 6-hour CPR course. This course, designed for healthcare providers, teaches Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for adults, children, and infants. This course is for participants who provide health care to patients in a wide variety of settings, including in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. Besides, this course is for anyone required to take a healthcare provider course for employment or as a prerequisite for ACLS, PALS, and BLS instructor courses. CPR instructors will perform one of two roles, lead or assistant instructor. The CPR Program Director will assign the roles when teaching a CPR course.
This course will be delivered in-person.
- Provide instruction per American Heart Association guidelines and as directed and use effective teaching methods.
- Adapt teaching methods as needed.
- Process students’ records per American Heart Association and Malcolm X College guidelines.
- Plan and conduct activities that provide students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Monitor students' performance to make suggestions for improvement and ensure that they satisfy course standards, training requirements, and objectives.
- Be prepared to teach this course in-person.
- CPR instructor certification (approved by AHA)
- Previous experience/education in the medical field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of learning management systems such as Brightspace D2L, desired.
Malcolm X College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!