Continuing Education Lecturer - Introduction to Stock Market Investing - Part Time
CONTINUING EDUCATION LECTURER - INTRODUCTION TO STOCK MARKET INVESTING - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Are you a stock market investor with teaching experience? Do you work with community investing groups (clubs or teams)? If you do, this is your opportunity to help beginning investors enter the stock market world. Malcolm X College (MXC) seeks a dynamic, engaging, and experienced stock market investing instructor to teach a 12-hour course. The Introduction to Stock Market Investing course is a non-credit, Professional Development Course. It provides a step-by-step plan to become a stock market investor. This course aims to take individual consumers and turn them into investors or novice stock analysts. Through a series of lectures, case studies, simulations, and working groups, students will learn the fundamentals of stock analysis and evaluate potential companies where they can invest. Besides, students will open a stock market account, learn how to build a diverse portfolio, and execute trading in a brokerage account.
The MXC Dean of Community & Continuing Education and the Instructor will discuss specific content and set up the teaching schedule.
The students and the instructor will meet remotely (online instructor-led) at least 1 1/2 hour weekly.
- Coordinate course schedule, curriculum content, and assessment tools with the Dean of Community and Continuing Education.
- Provide instruction as directed and use effective teaching methods.
- Prepare instructional program objectives, outlines, and lesson plans.
- Adapt teaching methods as needed.
- Plan and conduct activities that provide students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Monitor students' performance to make suggestions for improvement and ensure that they satisfy course standards, training requirements, and objectives.
- Regularly contacts students to coach, mentor, and tutor them in the course using our online platforms such as Zoom, Brightspace, or via phone, or email.
- Review course materials with students during office hours.
- Be prepared to teach this course in-person, remotely, or a combination of both if necessary.
- Experience in stock market investing. A Bachelor's degree in finances, economics, or related area (preferred).
- At least 1-year of experience teaching stock market investing courses.
- One or more years of experience forming investing clubs, groups or working with community investing organizations.
- Proven expertise in asset management, stock market portfolios, stock analysis, stock trading, and stock investing topics.
- Skilled in coaching and mentoring beginning investors
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of learning management systems such as Brightspace D2L, desired
Malcolm X College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!