SMALL BUSINESS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP INSTRUCTOR - PART
Continuing Education non-credit courses are available for students
seeking occupational skills or personal enrichment. If you have
passion for teaching and learning, consider joining our team. When
you join, you will have the opportunity to inspire, motivate, and
empower adult learners to succeed. This position will also allow
you the opportunity to share content knowledge with an eager group
of students committed to learning.
- Responsible for instruction in the Small Business Entrepreneur
program at the college level. This includes developing a relevant
and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective
learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of
high quality, assessing student learning, advising students.
- Instructs students in the Small Business Entrepreneurship
program which may include, but not be limited to the following
curriculum areas: Operations Management, Small Business
Marketing/Promotion, Small Business Development & Planning,
Business Plan Writing, Entrepreneurial Finance, Small Business
Feasibility, Entrepreneurial Social Media Branding.
- Develop and implement an appropriate and engage curriculum by
taking into consideration the unique abilities and interests of
- Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles,
ensuring that participants are fully engaged.
- Inspire, motivate, and foster confidence in all students.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
- Bachelor Degree in Entrepreneurship/Business Management or a
related business field. Four (4) years of work experience in small
business ownership/management positions, which include increasing
levels of responsibility. Associates Degree and eight (8) years.
Preferred experience working with the Small Business
Administration, Small Business Lending, or CDC.
- Knowledge of the role of small business in today’s society,
current organizational structures, management philosophies and
processes as well as new and emerging business trends impacting
small businesses including international/global business,
e-business, social networking.
- Demonstrated ability in business acumen, planning, innovation,
creativity and collaboration. Skill in the use of computers for
business applications and analysis. Skill in communications and
human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!