Learning Designer 1 (Contractor)
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is accepting applications for contract learning designers with verifiable skills in the design and building of course materials in Canvas, as well as Articulate Storyline.
Note : Contract length will vary based on need. This ad will be used to fulfill an ongoing need the School of Adult & Online Education.
• Bachelor’s degree in instructional design or related area
• 3-5 years in an instructional design role with progressive responsibility
• Knowledge of current techniques, tools and procedures used in the design, development, and evaluation of technology-enhanced and online courses and programs
• Understanding of various operating systems, file structures, file formats, and protocols.
• Familiarity with graphic design elements appropriate for online instruction, including tools such as Office 365, SnagIt, Canva, Adobe Spark, etc.
• Working knowledge of HTML.
• Experience working with Learning Management Systems (Blackboard, Desire2Learn, Moodle, Canvas)
• Ability to use web conferencing tools (for example, Skype for Business, Adobe Connect, WebEx)
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and meet and manage deadlines
• Understanding of competency and/or adaptive learning methods
• Strong research, content analysis, and content preparation skills
• Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts, peers, users and media developers
• Excellent writing, editing, and course development skills
• Solid foundation in adult learning theory and universal design
• Must be able to make effective oral and written presentations
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, be diplomatic and proactive while solving problems
• Must have the proven ability to continually adapt and learn new procedures and software programs
• Master’s degree in instructional design or related area
• Experience developing e-learning solutions using common authoring tools (for example, Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate)
• Experience using Photoshop, Presenter, Dreamweaver
• Teaching experience
• An understanding of learning with VR and AI technologies
• Experience working with diverse content and populations
• Script/Scenario writing and branching experience
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT : Applicants must include link to personal learning design portfolio in their resume or within the application.
Unofficial graduate transcripts are required to complete the application process.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: February 23, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Arts Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Design & Graphic Arts Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur