Digital Media and Content Editor
Purpose: The Digital Media & Content Editor will generate content for the Mount St. Joseph University website, www.msj.edu, collaborating with MSJ staff, faculty, and students to create written and digital content that resonates with a diverse range of audiences. The Digital Media and Content Editor will create, edit, and review content for the MSJ website, as well as assist with grant writing, research, and quality improvement projects managed by ISS and the Center for IT Engagement (cITe). They will also assist with a variety of administrative duties such as scheduling meetings, note-taking, responding to emails, engaging in student recruitment efforts for the cITe Scholars program, and others as needed. The Digital Media & Content Editor will also assist with cITe’s research efforts, engaging in tasks such as reviewing academic literature, assisting with data collection and analysis, and sharing findings with various audiences. They will collaborate with cITe in order to create compelling visual and digital content. Duties: Generate content for the Mount St. Joseph University website, www.msj.edu, collaborating with MSJ staff, faculty, and students to create compelling visual and digital content that resonates with diverse audiences.
Create, edit, and review content for the MSJ website, as well as, assist with grant writing, research, and quality improvement projects lead by ISS.
Assist with a variety of administrative duties such as scheduling meetings, taking notes, responding to emails, and others as needed.
Support research efforts by reviewing academic literature, assisting with data collection and analysis, and others.
Collaborate with cITe to create compelling visual and digital content.
Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed/other duties as assigned.
Primary Contacts: Frequent contacts outside the immediate department, either internal or external, to furnish or obtain routine information. Requires ordinary courtesy and tact to avoid misunderstandings. However, the primary responsibility for harmonious relationships is assumed by the immediate supervisor. Supervision Exercised: Leadership is not a part of the job. Decisions that are normally routine in nature and following established rules and procedures which concern the achievement of group objectives within an office and which affect only a very limited area of the operations of the University. Supervision Received: Works under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to proceed independently on routine work referring questionable cases to a supervisor
Education: Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in progress Experience: No experience – 1 year
Desired experience to be prepared for the position and demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion Specialized Training: Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs
- Exhibit a "customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customers) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customers) needs
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, department, or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the department and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Recommendations of a technical or specialized nature, which influence the work of an office; and which affect a specific area of the operations of the University.
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Work that is semi-routine or diversified requiring some judgment in the application of a wide range of established rules and procedures but within limits of standard practices.
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer