Senior Analyst, Programs and Operations
The Senior Analyst, Programs and Operations plays an integral role in supporting the Department Chair on the execution and implementation of the department initiatives, development and management of programs, support services for students and faculty, outreach and partnership development, as well as assessment and improvement of department processes and programs.
The incumbent engages in all aspects of program offerings, assessment, development and implementation of department and program processes, and department operational support with the goal of increasing productivity and efficiency. The incumbent handles sensitive documents and information that requires problem solving, confidentiality, and discretion with limited supervision.
The Applied Data Science Department within the College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE) is an academic hub, in partnership with other SJSU departments and industry partners, for promoting education and research in applied data science. The department offers academic programs to address emerging workforce demands of interdisciplinary talents, designing and deploying intelligent solutions to real-world data challenges.
- Plays a key role on the successful execution of the strategic initiatives and projects from an operational lens.
- Assesses, formulates, and implements optimal processes toward achieving the goals of the initiatives.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement programs based on the scalability of existing and the viability of new academic programs.
- Serves as the department primary contact for partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates solutions to the program and operational issues.
- Performs research and analysis of current policies, procedures, processes and guidelines to make recommendations for improvement.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public and business administration and operational management.
- Expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies.
- Ability to apply expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent laws and regulations.
- Ability to understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective and discern applicable underlying principles to conceive of and develop strategic solutions.
- Ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus.
- Ability to assess, formulate, and evaluate the impact of recommended or implemented policies from a strategic and operational perspective.
- Ability to easily navigate online social networking tools: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn database(s) to access information, run, and develop reports for data-driven decision-making.
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training.
- Four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Master’s degree
- Three-year relevant experience in industry.
- Building education-industry partnership.
- Planning and coordinating events for education, training and partnership development.
- Conducting outreach, especially in planning and organizing professional events.
- Conducting research, interpreting and analyzing complex data, policies, and procedures.
- Preparing and analyzing reports on programs, products and/or services.
- Administering and/or managing education and/or training programs.
- Planning and implementing education and/or training programs.
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $6,000/month - $6,592/month
Hiring Range: $4,693/month - $8,489/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: February 25, 2021 through March 11, 2021 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: February 25, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose