Social Work Lecturer
Washburn University’s Department of Social Work in Topeka, KS, invites applications for the position of Lecturer, beginning August 1, 2021. This position is a 9-month full-time, non-tenure track faculty appointment.
- Minimum of five years of social work practice experience
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW) or equivalent (licensed to practice at the clinical level)
- Post-secondary teaching experience
- Teach up to four courses each semester in the BSW and/or MSW program
- Supervise BSW and MSW students in field placements and complete required field instructor duties
- Interact with student agencies and preceptors
- Additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate
- Application review will begin March 25, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. Send application letter, vita, transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Beth Kuhn, School of Applied Studies, Washburn University, 1700 SW College Ave, Topeka, KS 66621; or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Electronic or hardcopy applications and application materials will be accepted. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required once hired.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka