Director of Research
University Code 32911 University Title Administrator, Research University Job Family Research & Innovation ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Director of Research Position Number 591790 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Medicines for All Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Medicines For All Institute (M4ALL), operating under the auspices of VCU College of Engineering, is designed to improve access to affordable, high-quality medicines. In support of their mission, Medicines for All Institute is searching for a Director of Research. They will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing research initiatives for Medicines for All Institute in the areas of organic synthesis, process chemistry, green chemistry, and flow chemistry
- Developing and overseeing best research practices and training for Medicines for All Institute
- Interfacing with organic chemistry, process chemistry, and engineering teams on emerging and enabling manufacturing methodologies
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Ph.D. in organic/synthetic chemistry or equivalent professional work experience that equates to a Ph.D.
- Experience with process chemistry or process development
- Experience with flow chemistry approaches
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
-The College of Engineering at VCU supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment
- The candidate will show energy and passion to thrive in a start-up environment and to deliver on the mission of the Medicines for All Institute to improve access to affordable medicines.
- Experience supervising professional level staff.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Experience working in both academic and industry laboratories
- Experience with process scale-up and product commercialization
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hr/wk Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 02/25/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103836 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Briefly describe any Process Chemistry/scaleup experience you
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have with Process
Chemistry and/or scaleup experience?
- 5+ years
- * Do you have supervisory experience? If so, how many direct
reports have you managed at a time?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond