Job Title Administrative Assistant Posting Number S876P Classification Title
To provide support to the Career Center and its staff at California Baptist University by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves as receptionist for the Department.
2. Provides administrative and secretarial support to the staff of the Career Center.
3. Manages supervisor’s calendar and independently schedules appointments.
4. Prepare and document requisitions and department P.O.’s for Director’s signature, forwarding to Accounting.
5. Directs incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible.
6. Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
7. Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
8. Receives and distributes incoming mail. Ensures that mail goes out on time.
9. Maintains confidential records of keys, access codes, credit cards and issues same.
10. Assists the Director on specific projects related to the long-term goals of the university, such as strategic planning, fiscal responsibility, and the like.
11. Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
12. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
13. Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
14. Assist in employer relations
15. Coordinate and implement Career Center events
16. Manage Online Career Services Management System
17. Assist students in the use of departmental resources
Other duties may be assigned.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 02/25/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6354 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside