Junior Grants Accountant
Assist with the daily activities of the Grants Accounting functions and is responsible for assisting with the post grant awards processing. This position assists in ensuring compliance with funding sources, administrative guidelines, and timely receipt of revenues and accurate submission of financial reports.
- Review and document requisitions of restricted funds.
- Review weekly check register for drawdowns and invoicing purposes.
- Assist with monthly invoicing and drawdowns.
- Organize, maintain and update Grant Binders.
- Create new Grant Binders as needed.
- Run reports from the accounting systems.
- Update and create Master Grant documents .
- Assist with Special Projects/ Annual Audits.
- Assist with booking monthly accounting entries.
- Scan grant contracts and related documents to electronic files.
- Other duties as assigned by the Grants/Restricted Accounting Manager.
- Respond to internal/external requests in a timely manner.
- Assist with training and workshops for all grant stakeholders.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Microsoft Dynamics GP and AmpliFund experience preferred.
- Ability to work alone and complete tasks in specified time frames.
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detailed and results oriented
No direct reports.
Education: B.A. /B.S. in Business, Accounting or related area.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year experience in accounting.
Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
A background and/or credit check will be required of the successful applicant. An official transcript (if applicable) and names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) references will be required of the successful applicant.