The Postdoctoral Associate are trainees working in an apprenticeship capacity in preparation for a career as a scientific professional. This project is to develop a novel next-generation disease-targeted anti-angiogenic therapy with multiple indications to treat diabetic retinopathy, neovascular age-related macular degeneration, retinopathy of prematurity and cancer. The research activities involve in injections into animal eyes, dissection of the retina and examination of animal eyes. Candidate must have previous experience in animal research, such injection and dissection of the eye OR other organs. We will provide additional training of eye research in animals. Candidates will also participate in disease mechanistic research and screening of additional novel therapeutic targets. The ultimate goal is to develop a novel drug therapy to treat ocular vascular diseases.
Learn more about the Ophtalmology department by visiting the links below.
Department of Ophthalmology (bcm.edu)
Ophthalmology Lab (bcm.edu)
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Handles laboratory operations.
- Supervises research staff.
The following research activities will be performed:
- Animal research, including injections, in vivo analyses, etc. - 50%
- Manage mice colony to include husbandry, etc. - 45%
- Organize lab, review inventor and order supplies - 5%
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston