Position is located off-site at 2525 W. Bellfort, Houston TX.
The Pathologist's Assistant will performs gross dissection of surgical specimens, selecting appropriate tissue to be submitted for histologic review and dictating verbal reports regarding the specimens.
- Perform gross dissection using standard dissection protocols of surgical specimens, selecting appropriate tissue to be submitted for histologic review.
- Dictate verbal reports regarding the specimens in a clear, complete, sufficient manner.
- Collect and catalogs fresh tissue for special studies.
- Prepare quality assurance reports.
- Instruct and advise residents and students on pathology techniques and procedures.
- Photograph specimens for documentation.
- Coordinate scheduling for Par-time PA'S, Grossing Personnel and Residents.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree from a NAACLS approved Pathologist’s Assistant program.
- Six months of relevant experience is required.
- Certified as a Pathologist’s Assistant by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP-PA).
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Experience with computer systems.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston