Teaching Assistant - Digital Multimedia & Design
Primary Objective: Assists instructor in strengthening concepts presented in the classroom, laboratory or trade shop area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists instructor in supervising students in
classroom/laboratory/trade shop area to ensure students are
following class rules and safety procedures.
- Assists students in understanding the lesson plans and project
objectives. Provides effective feedback to students.
- Prepares, maintains, distributes and collects equipment and
other supply materials required to meet lesson objectives.
Supervises the cleaning and trash removal from training/shop
- Works with the instructor to create a purposeful, orderly, and
supportive learning environment.
- Informs the instructor of any problems promptly.
- Maintains student’s attendance records and other records as
- Participates in weekly staff meetings, classroom team planning
sessions and other meetings as scheduled.
- Adheres to policies and procedures established by the
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent credit hours in related field
of study from an accredited college or university; or a Certificate
in the related field of study with years of related
- Work experience in a teaching environment preferred.
- Ability to promote cooperation between students and educational
- Ability to carry out verbal and written instructions and to
provide proper assistance to the instructor.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to new tasks with little
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to operate related tools and equipment of assigned