Dean, School of Health & Natural Sciences
Mercy College invites nominations and applications for the position of Dean, School of Health and Natural Sciences. The College seeks a forward-thinking and bold leader to embrace enthusiastically its mission and history to serve in this key leadership position. The new Dean will be committed to student success and work collaboratively with institutional and academic leadership, faculty, and staff to establish and execute the strategic priorities for the School in alignment with the College’s strategic plan.
Mercy College is a thriving independent, comprehensive, and student-centered institution located alongside the Hudson River in Dobbs Ferry, New York, with additional campuses located in the Bronx, and Manhattan, and with a substantial online learning community. The College has a diverse student population of more than 9,500 studying in 100 undergraduate and graduate programs.
Mercy’s curriculum offering is enriched by the integrated resources of five academic schools: Business, Education, Health and Natural Sciences, Liberal Arts, and Social and Behavioral Sciences. Included among members of faculty across the five schools are Fulbright Scholars and well-published authors with national and international expertise in their field of study.
The School of Health and Natural Sciences provides premier health and natural science undergraduate and graduate educational programs to equip students with the intellectual, technical and professional competencies they need to excel and advance as science researchers, health care providers, health promotion experts and science/health educators. The School has multiple science labs where faculty and students collaboratively engage in research utilizing state-of-the-art equipment. The Health Professions Clinical Simulation and Learning Labs on both the Dobbs Ferry and Bronx campuses provide opportunities to bring together students for profession-specific and interprofessional hands-on learning experiences in settings that reflect in-patient, clinic, and home settings. Several federal and foundational awarded grants support inclusive excellence, student success and innovations in the curriculum.
The School offers undergraduate programs in Biology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Communication Disorders, Exercise Science, Health Science, Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant, and Veterinary Technology. Graduate programs in the health professions include Communication Disorders, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant, and Physical Therapy. The School enrolls approximately 2,500 undergraduate and 650 graduate students between the Dobbs Ferry and Bronx campuses, and employs 85 full-time faculty and 38 staff. The School is reviewing reporting structures and the new Dean will have an integral role in any reorganization in partnership with senior College leadership.
The Position: Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for
Academic Affairs, the Dean serves as the chief academic and
administrative officer of the School of Health and Natural
Sciences. Key attributes Mercy College seeks in the next Dean
• an experienced leader with a record of accomplishments and progressive experience in higher education;
• academic credentials which warrant tenure in a program within the School;
• demonstrated ability to manage a complex academic organization;
• experience with the self-study/reaffirmation processes for academic programs accreditation;
• the ability to encourage research and scholarship activities among faculty;
• an interest in generating new revenue streams through fundraising, grants and external partnerships;
• experience in successfully preparing for and developing growth opportunities, including new undergraduate and graduate programs;
• demonstrated success in working with alumni, donors, and the community to develop and support internships and career opportunities;
• a demonstrated commitment to student success; and
• a strong commitment to supporting a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment.
For the position portfolio please follow the link below:
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dobbs Ferry
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dobbs Ferry
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dobbs Ferry
- Accreditation Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dobbs Ferry
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dobbs Ferry