Distance Learning Project Manager
The University of Colorado Boulder and Leeds School of Business encourages applications for a Distance Learning Project Manager ! Housed within the Faculty Support Services Division and working closely with the Leeds Technology Services team, this position will support the Faculty Director of Distance and Online Learning with project management associated with Leeds' distance learning programs. The primary job of the Project Manager is to assist with the implementation and management of current and future online curriculum materials and online teaching methods. This position a one-year appointment with the possibly of fulltime employment after one year.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Located at one of the top-ranked research universities in the country, the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado at Boulder combines innovative teaching and pioneering research in a diverse academic environment. Additional information about the Leeds School is available at leeds.colorado.edu.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Distance Learning Programmatic Management
- Primary responsibility for video organization and search. Ensure that videos are tagged appropriately and are searchable.
- Maintain and keep current the Leeds Online Community website where all distance learning resources are sorted for faculty.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies within the distance learning space.
- Schedule, edit, and perform analysis of faculty, student, and teaching TAs questionnaires.
- Schedule instructional designers and application support for faculty.
- Build checklists of standard methodologies in instructional design and online engagement.
- Manage ongoing faculty trainings including development of educational videos.
- Manage faculty grant program for the use of new technologies.
- Build educational materials, handouts, and trainings for faculty and other offices within Leeds.
Video Production Logistics
- Bring efficiencies to the video production process as needed.
- Ensure that all processes and workflows are working as engineered so that faculty acquire their videos on time.
- Embed consistent branding standards into the video editing process.
- Schedule the faculty in the studios.
- Monitor videos to ensure they are crafted on time and are high quality.
- Monitor workload of videographers and video editors to make sure staffing is sufficient.
- Ensure data back-up done according to our standards.
- Lead team meetings and write up minutes.
- Onboard faculty members.
- Hire and onboard all new video editors in terms of equipment and standards.
- Ensure that staffing of contractors and video editors is sufficient.
- Track all expenses associated with Distance Learning activities.
- Manage the contractor/student hourly budget for the program.
What You Should Know
This is a one-year appointment with the possibility of fulltime employment after one year.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $46,000- $55,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Effective. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, operations, or a field related to education and technology. Related experience or combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
- Two years of professional experience managing projects.
- Experience working with a variety of applications such as: Adobe Creative Cloud, Qualtrics, Canvas, LMS Excel, Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Suite, HTML and PowerPoint.
What You Will Need
- Ability to quickly learn new online educational applications and generalize standard methodologies from experience for use in a new environment.
- Comfort with raising issues and concerns if/when needed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of confidence working on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot sophisticated issues.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in higher education as teacher or instructional designer.
- 2+ years of experience either managing video production, working as videographer or video editor.
- College or graduate level project management training.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by March 2, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu