Heavy Equipment Operators (2 openings)
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Heavy Equipment Operators (2 openings) Department Roads & Grounds Compensation Title Position Number 30001289/30001290 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Mon – Fri 6:30 am – 3:00 p.m.
Hours per Week 40 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
Purpose of Position
The Department of Roads and Grounds at Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) invites applications for Heavy Equipment Operator to provide a safe environment for digging, trenching and planting; and assist Roads & Grounds team. Provides customer service in the form of constructing, maintaining and repairing roadways, parking lots, walkways, to include blacktop patching, etc.. Days and hours are subject to change depending upon the needs of the University and the Facilities Management Operations & Maintenance Department.
This position is “mission critical”.
Perform site inspections with visual walk-through. Follow and enforce “Call Before You Dig” procedures before allowing any digging and/or excavating.
Road maintenance including, crack filling, blacktop patching and all other repairs to parking lots and roadways throughout campus.
Response to emergency situations as necessary during and after normal work hours in extreme weather condition.
Snow and ice removal involving heavy equipment including, but not limited to: loaders, plows, backhoes, dump trucks and any other related equipment.
Involved with daily operations including litter, outdoor trash, turf maintenance, hardscape maintenance and installation. Log work hours and tasks on a work order computer program.
Assist with concrete repair when necessary.
Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of safety/trade practices related to maintaining/repairing paved areas including asphalt and gravel, ability to perform hard manual labor on a regular basis; ability to repetitively bend, stoop, reach, twist, push, pull, stand/walk for long periods.
• Must be able to frequently perform medium heavy to maximum physical exertion lifting 50 lbs. or more; ability to work in adverse weather conditions such as extreme hot/cold, snow, ice, rain, sun, etc.;
• A working knowledge and understanding of utility and pipeline construction and design and ability to read building prints.
• High school diploma/ GED, technical school certificate preferred with 2 years of related experience;
• Must have valid driver’s license;
• Must have or obtain CDL Class A or Class B with Air Brakes within 6 months
• Medical Examiner’s Certificate
• Possess basic computer skills
• Must be able to work any and all hours outside normal work schedule to accommodate the needs and demands of the university.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education High School Diploma Preferred Education High School Diploma Minimum Experience 2 years Salary $13.90/hr minimum Pay Grade S66
Requisition Number 2021S1318 Job Open Date 02/24/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10032 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- * Do you have a valid driver's license and are you permitted to
drive without restrictions?
- No Response
- Do you have the ability to perform medium to heavy physical
exertion on a regular basis as well as the ability to occasionally
lift up to 50 pounds or more?
- No Response
- * Do you possess a Class A or B Commercial Driver's License
(CDL) with proper endorsement?
- * Do you have a minimum of 2 years related experience?
- No response
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport