Renewable Non Tenure Track Lecturer – Psychological Science
Working Title Renewable Non Tenure Track Lecturer – Psychological Science Department Psychological Science Full Time or Part Time? Full Time Position Number TBD Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
Purpose of Position
The Department of Psychological Science invites applications for a renewable non-tenure track lecture position beginning Fall 2021.
The Department of Psychological Science at Northern Kentucky University invites applications for a renewable non-tenure track lecturer position beginning August 2021.
The successful candidate will primarily teach undergraduate courses in Life-span Development; experience teaching other courses such as Introduction to Psychology and Research Methods is also valued. While a portion of the teaching load will be online, this is not a remote position. A presence on campus is required.
A master’s or doctorate degree in psychology or related field is required by the time of appointment, specialization in life-span developmental psychology is preferred.
Prior teaching experience in higher education and evidence of teaching effectiveness is expected; online teaching experience is desirable.
Candidates should be strongly committed to teaching at the undergraduate level and applying rigorous scientific principles to the study of human development. They should demonstrate commitment and/or experience promoting and fostering a learning environment that is supportive of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Application materials should be submitted electronically and include:
- cover letter
– curriculum vitae
- teaching statement
- evidence of teaching proficiency
- statement of professional goals
- diversity statement
- names and email addresses of three references
Review of applications will begin mid-February, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
The department offers a collegial work environment that values both teaching and scholarship. Questions about the position can be directed to the co-chair of the search committee, Dr. Robin Bartlett (email@example.com, 859-572-5422). More information about the department can be found on our website https://inside.nku.edu/artsci/departments/psychology.html
Minimum Education Master's Degree Preferred Education Doctorate
Requisition Number 2021F523 Job Open Date 02/24/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10019 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you taught a psychology course online?
- * Highest level of education obtained?
- Master's Degree by the time of appointment
- Master's Degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Interest
- Evidence of Teaching Proficiency
- Statement of Professional Goals
- Diversity Statement
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Teacher Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport