Dean, School of Nursing, Health Science, Public Safety, Wellness and Outdoor Studies, Central
The Dean, School of Nursing, Health Science, Public Safely, Wellness and Outdoor Studies oversees faculty, program directors, and programs related to these major categories.
The School Dean provides instructional leadership and administration to the School programming areas of the College. This Academic Affairs position reports directly to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, collaborates with campus academic supervisors and faculty on curriculum consistency and instructional integrity among all campuses. The School Dean collaboratively assists with all areas of the college to facilitate student academic success.
Responsibilities include collaborative planning, staffing, developing, promoting and assessing programming and related services to support a positive learning environment, and ensure consistency of practice within the disciplines across the College. School Deans may handle program planning and directing. The School Dean, in concert with three Program Directors who directly oversee Nursing, Law Enforcement Wellness/Outdoor Studies, supervises full-time faculty within School disciplines in matters related to academic integrity, curriculum, academic, assessment, academic consistency, and accordingly assists adjunct faculty and support staff, as appropriate, at multiple locations in collaboration with campus academic leads. Qualified individuals may be those with faculty or academic administrative experience.
Travel throughout the CMC district will be required.
View/download the full job description with the hiring salary range for: Dean, School of Nursing, Health Science, Public Safety, Wellness and Outdoor Studies
Prerequisites for Position (Qualifications Standards):
Education and experience sufficient for the rigors of the position. Examples may include a Master’s Degree in a discipline relative to the programs within the school and a minimum of two years teaching experience in higher education. Two years academic administrative experience are preferred, or equivalent education and experience that will provide the necessary knowledge, skill and abilities to perform the functions of the position. Experience in leading academic matters at multiple campuses is helpful in understanding the opportunities and challenges of this position.
Special Skills or abilities directly applicable to the position: Assessing self-learning and progressing toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Communicating effectively in personal and group settings that may be both in-person and through technology.
- Provide Management and oversight of full-time faculty in multiple locations to ensure consistency in teaching and learning practices, and assessment across the school disciplines.
- Contributing to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Effecting change and demonstrating flexibility and positive leadership.
- Acquiring and applying technology to working and learning.
- Demonstrating an understanding of teaching and learning techniques and pedagogy.
Diverse. Inclusive. Centered on Student Success. These principles reflect the soul of CMC. They guide us in building our teams and cultivating leaders. They are our hallmarks in creating an institution of higher education that’s the right fit for every person; faculty, staff, students, and community members in its trust. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to working in a culturally competent environment and the ability to effectively work with students, employees, and community members having diverse backgrounds.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) or conversational language abilities are preferred.
To Apply: Please submit the required letter of interest, a resume, and a list of three professional references. CMC is an EOE committed to diversifying its workforce.
External Applicants: Apply Online
Internal Applicants: Please proceed to the HR page of Basecamp or by searching in Learning Hub for instructions on applying for a full time position as an internal applicant.
Review of application material will begin March 19, 2021.
Please contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org . To learn more about Colorado Mountain College go to: www.coloradomtn.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Glenwood Springs
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glenwood Springs
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Glenwood Springs
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Glenwood Springs
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glenwood Springs