Part-Time Safety Observation Monitor
Part-Time Safety Observation Monitor
Posting Number: 0001033
Position Status: Part-Time
Department: Safety Observation Monitors
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Safety Observation Monitor's is to understand and monitor student, faculty and staff for adherence to Lee College's safety protocol. The protocol is vital to keeping all personnel and students at the campus safe from potential infection of COVID-19 Virus.
The Safety Monitor shall be assigned an area, building or campus to perform their monitoring. Key responsibilities as an observer is to document the number of individuals you observe and document if they are in or out of compliance. Any individual out of compliance (student, staff or faculty) shall be the monitor's responsibility to remind them they are out of compliance and ask them to correct their unsafe behavior.
Lee College Safety Protocol
The protocol requires all students, faculty and staff to:
- Complete a Daily Health Screening Questionnaire each day they
are on campus. If they are not cleared to be on campus, they should
leave the campus immediately.
- Any student, staff or faculty should stay home if you are
experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms or think they have been
possibly exposed to a person who has tested positive for
- The college is requiring face coverings to be worn at all times
inside all campus buildings. All individuals on campus in outdoor
areas are expected to wear a face covering whenever others are
present while physical distancing from others.
- Maintain six feet distancing from any person (e.g., three
average steps/two arms lengths apart). Practice gracious behavior
by being mindful and respectful of where others are located as we
begin the process of reopening the campus in the midst of a
pandemic. Avoid hugging or shaking hands.
- Group gatherings, congregations of people and unnecessary
visitors shall be avoided.
- Linger or congregate in the parking lots, hallways or outside
the main doors and while entering and exiting classrooms and
buildings are not allowed.
- Common areas are closed to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to help maintain social distancing. These areas include water fountains, vending machines, breakrooms, couches, benches and open seating areas.
- Linger or congregate in the parking lots, hallways or outside the main doors and while entering and exiting classrooms and buildings are not allowed.
- All Individuals on Campus are encouraged to practice good
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20
seconds or utilize hand sanitizer, especially before eating, after
going to the bathroom, using handrails or touching common
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth or eyes.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or elbow. Dispose of
used tissue properly.
- Do not share food, drink or other products that can easily transmit the virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or utilize hand sanitizer, especially before eating, after going to the bathroom, using handrails or touching common surfaces.
- Avoiding common surfaces where possible, including chairs, door
- Use automatic door openers or panic bars where present deploying them with your elbow or a barrier such as a paper towel or gloves.
- Be aware of classroom and lab requirements in regard to COVID-19
- Seating of students shall be per the designated continuity plan
that states the maximum capacity of a classroom, office or
conference room so that social distancing is maintained. Continuity
plans for your designated area will be provided and shall become
familiar with these requirements.
- Check if backpacks are brought to class, if so, they are to stay at the owner's desk or personal area. Backpack storage areas or hooks will not be available for use.
Expectations of Safety Observation Monitors include, but are not limited to:
- Fill out Daily Health and Safety Screening Form.
- When needed, verify a person's clearance to be on campus by
looking up the Daily Health Screening response in
- Patrol by foot, the college grounds and assigned areas ensuring
the college community is complying with the safety
- Wear the safety vest daily (It's your responsibility to wash
- You are the gold standard, and as such you must always be in
compliance to the College's safety protocol.
- Clean and sanitize the table, computer and materials before and
after your shift.
- Review your class schedules and the building that is assigned
- Be on time for your shift.
- Make sure that everyone is here for their shift and let
Michelle know if someone is out.
- Contact Michelle Lewis immediately if you are unable to make
- Become familiar with the continuity plans for your
- If you see anyone out of conformance you must bring it to that individual's attention. Remember, if you see something you say something.
All safety observation monitors will receive training on:
- Logging in on an assigned laptop for recording
- How to complete the observation check list.
- Proper manner in which to approach students, faculty or staff
that are out of compliance.
- How to deal with anyone that refuses to comply to the college's
- Logging in to MyLC and verifying clearance to be on campus.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends if needed
- One (1) year of prior experience
- Prior experience in a Customer Service role
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location: McNair
Close Date: 3/10/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6827
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.