University of Idaho
Division/College: Student Affairs
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $67,500 or commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho Counseling and Testing Center (CTC) is searching for one or more psychologists to join our clinical staff, expand and strengthen the range of mental health services to students and contribute to the agency’s commitment to multicultural competency. The position(s) are full-time, 12-month clinical faculty appointment at the rank of assistant professor. The psychologist(s) will spend the majority of their time conducting psychological service activities such as individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, assessment, and case management activities. In addition, they will design and implement educational outreach programs, provide consultation about psychological issues to the campus community, serve in at least one liaison role to a campus partner and provide supervision and training for doctoral interns. The psychologist(s) are also expected to conduct research/scholarship activities including professional presentations, program development, publications and serve on university committees. Licensure as a psychologist in Idaho within two years of start date is a requirement of this position.
The ideal candidate(s) will have a strong foundation as a generalist as well as an emerging or clearly-defined area of professional specialization. The specific focus of the specialization is open, but strongest consideration will be given to candidates who have a demonstrated a history professional work within the area of specialization which includes clinical practice with the identified population. Areas of professional specialization that will be given strongest consideration include work with underrepresented groups, eating disorders, complex trauma or autism spectrum disorder.
• Doctorate in counseling/clinical psychology or related field from an APA accredited program
• Eligibility for licensure as a psychologist in the State of Idaho
• Demonstrated ability and experience in counseling adults
• Demonstrated skills in providing culturally competent services to a diverse client population
• APA accredited internship in a college or university Counseling Center
• Experience in a college or university counseling center
• Licensure as a psychologist in current state of residence
• Record of scholarly activity (e.g., professional presentations, research, publications)
• Ability to provide clinical services in Spanish
• Current or anticipated licensure as a psychologist in Idaho by August 2021
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000881P
Posting Date: 12/15/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
For first consideration, please submit application material by January 25, 2021.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.