TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
Posting Number: SRGV4910
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: IT Academic & Support Srvcs
Scope of Job:
To advise and provide advanced consultation to computer users on various skill levels regarding the effective use of computer resources. Responsible for providing complex and advanced information to faculty, staff, students, and various other groups regarding computers and their usage.
Description of Duties:
• Consults with users on the use of computers and provides solutions in resolving complex and advanced computer related problems.
• Provides routine and advanced level software and hardware support services and technical assistance services to all departments and other groups.
• Installs, maintains, repairs, and provides support for computer hardware and software.
• Performs and/or coordinates the analysis, development, and testing of systems and procedures.
• Performs service calls, either on-site or by telephone, on computers for problem solving and trouble shooting.
• Performs and/or coordinates the preparation of training literature and materials and the training or classroom lecture of staff, faculty, and/or students.
• Researches, reviews and recommends computer products, services and trends to support user short and long term planning and purchases.
• Provides responsible staff assistance to the assigned supervisor; prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence as required.
• Installs and maintains computer networks.
• Keeps up to date on new and developing technology.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
May supervise Computer User Services Specialist I, clerical, direct wage or work study employees.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field or a combination of education and experience as stated below.
• One (1) year of experience in a computer related field; or
• Associate’s Degree in a computer related field and a minimum of three (3) years of experience with computers and networks common to the University; or
• Equivalent work experience in performing the stated duties may be substituted on a 1-on-1 basis.
Use of standard office equipment, use of computer hardware, software and applications.
Preferred: Knowledge of various third party applications and computer networking systems, their components, functions and capabilities.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Indoor office environment.
Must be able to move between buildings to perform on site service. Works with electronic equipment, necessitating normal caution and safety procedures. Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, climb ladders and stairs to install and maintain equipment and cables.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/23/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27498