OFFICE ASSISTANT III
OFFICE ASSISTANT III
Posting Number: SRGV4913
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Finance and Administration
Scope of Job:
To perform complex clerical duties for a department. Responsible for the performance of clerical duties involving the application of complex work methods and procedures and familiarity with the functions, practices, and policies of an organizational unit to which assigned. Maintains financial data, which includes monthly budget and status reports.
Description of Duties:
• Determines work priority within clerical unit, develops and refines routines and schedules.
• Prepares, reviews, and processes departmental records and reports for a major University business function.
• Assigns extended multiple work assignments or projects within established procedures.
• Supervises and engages in various complex records keeping, posting, filing and sorting to departmental records.
• Maintains financial records, including reconciliation of department accounts.
• Prepares and routes routine interdepartmental paperwork.
• Makes travel arrangements and processes related paperwork.
• Creates and maintains filing systems.
• Answers the telephone and acts as a receptionist, answering inquiries or directing them to appropriate personnel.
• May evaluate incoming mail, reports, requisitions, or inquiries, distributing them with instructions to be taken.
• Collects information for the department.
• Records and reports all pertinent information to a superior.
• Composes correspondence, submitting only the most complicated to a superior for handling.
• Inventories and requisitions supplies or equipment.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
General supervision on complex and unusual assignments.
May supervise clerical support staff including clerks, work-study employees and temporary direct wage employees.
High school diploma or GED.
Associates Degree or related College coursework.
Three (3) years of office clerical or administrative support experience in an office setting, including experience with accounting transactions.
Knowledge of use of personal computer, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office environment. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/15/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27505