Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
- To break the chain of transmission of COVID-19 within
Northeastern community and surrounding neighborhoods, timely
contact tracing and isolation must be in place.
- The aim of the Northeastern Contact Tracing program will be to
call every person who tested positive at Northeastern's on-campus
testing sites, gather their contacts, and proceed to call every
contact who is a member of Northeastern community.
- In close collaboration with the Boston Public Health
Commission, we are also ensuring that all contacts outside of
Northeastern can be reached out and safely quarantined.
- The Contact Tracer will be a core member of Northeastern's
Wellness team and work closely with the Contact Tracing Manager and
- Must have evening and weekend availability
- The team will continuously monitor test results, collect and
enter data to our contact tracing online platform and MAVEN,
provide isolation and quarantine instruction to off-campus and
on-campus cases and contacts, coordinate Wellness Housing for
residential students, arrange testing for close contacts on campus,
and monitor cases and contacts throughout isolation and
- The Case Investigator will join a fast paced and dynamic team
to help spearhead contact tracing for COVID-19 on Northeastern's
- The team operates 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, and contact
tracers will be asked to rotate weekend and evening shifts to cover
- Make initial outreach to positive cases to collect data and
identify people who may have been exposed to them.
- Make initial outreach to close contacts and monitor cases and
contacts when needed.
- Provide guidance, resources, and mental support for safe
isolation and quarantine for cases and contacts.
- Escalate situations appropriately to Case Investigators and
Contact Tracing Manager when needed.
- Ensure complete documentation and data entry that follows
interactions with cases and contacts
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with infectious disease contact tracing is
- Experience in clinical medicine, public health, social work, or
other patient-facing work will be considered in lieu of previous
experience in contact tracing
- Experience supporting individuals in high-stress situations is
- Experience working with University students a plus
- Understand the CDC and the MDPH guidelines and the Northeastern
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work
- Ability to interact professionally and show empathy with
culturally diverse individuals in distress
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and
- Proficiency with web-based data management and collaboration
- Must have access to reliable Wi-Fi network
- Familiarity with Northeastern University and surrounding
communities a plus
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/504328