Instructor - English, Tenure-Track
Raritan Valley Community College
Instructor - English, Tenure-Track
Ranked by BestColleges.com and Niche.com as the #1 community college in New Jersey, Raritan Valley Community College has been serving as an academic and cultural center for Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for 50 years. The College has been nationally recognized for its service to the community, environmental stewardship, and commitment to diversity. It is home to a Planetarium, Science Education Institute and 3M Observatory, a 1,000-seat Theatre, an Honors College for high achieving students and much more.
The College offers more than 90 associate degrees and certificates, as well as career training, small business assistance through the Small Business Development Center, professional development, and adult and youth personal enrichment courses. RVCC is located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.
Raritan Valley Community College has an anticipated opening of Instructor, English Tenure-Track in the English Department.
Seeking qualified candidate to teach credit composition and developmental English courses.
Teach credit composition courses and developmental English courses as assigned, and literature electives as available.
- Develop and/or use a syllabus based on the official course outline for each course within College and departmental guidelines.
- Teach courses at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs.
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods. Demonstrate or be willing to acquire skills for teaching on-line courses. Evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives, and inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend student learning materials.
- Provide access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Work collaboratively in a diverse learning institution; demonstrate commitment to teaching and working with a multi-cultural and multi-generational student body.
- Submit required college reports and forms.
- Demonstrate professional development within discipline.
- Participate in College/departmental professional development activities and serve on College-wide committees as assigned.
- Adhere to College policies and procedures.
- Master's degree in English, Rhetoric/Composition, developmental English, or closely related field.
- Ability to teach developmental composition courses that integrate reading and writing.
- Demonstrate professional development related to discipline.
- Two years teaching experience. Ph.D. in English or Rhetoric/Composition preferred. Training in composition theory/pedagogy.
- Training in reading pedagogy and application in a college composition classroom.
- Experience teaching college-level composition.
- Experience teaching developmental composition.
- Experience using technology in the delivery of course content.
*First review date is March 23rd, 2021
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume/vita and unofficial transcripts online:
Initial salary and rank will be based on the successful candidate's educational qualifications and professional experience. The College also offers an attractive employee benefits package.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all persons.