Business System Analyst - Student Affairs
Raritan Valley Community College
Business System Analyst - Student Affairs
Ranked by BestColleges.com and Niche.com as the #1 community college in New Jersey, Raritan Valley Community College has been serving as an academic and cultural center for Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for 50 years. The College has been nationally recognized for its service to the community, environmental stewardship, and commitment to diversity. It is home to a Planetarium, Science Education Institute and 3M Observatory, a 1,000-seat Theatre, an Honors College for high achieving students and much more.
The College offers more than 90 associate degrees and certificates, as well as career training, small business assistance through the Small Business Development Center, professional development, and adult and youth personal enrichment courses. RVCC is located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.
Raritan Valley Community College has an anticipated opening of Business System Analyst- Student Affairs for Student Affairs.
The Business Systems Analyst for Student Affairs reports to the Dean of Student Affairs. This position provides technical and analytical support of student-centered operations with the goal of improving processes and procedures to make the student experience more effective and efficient. A particular emphasis will be on supporting data integrity, best practices, process streamlining, training, and documentation as they relate to RVCC's technology systems that support the student experience. The Business Systems Analyst supports cross-functional collaboration with the various departments and acts as the liaison with Technology Services for communicating issues coming to and from Student Affairs. The incumbent will be responsible for staying current with best practices, system upgrades, idea generation, and process improvement. They will develop documentation and provide training to staff on Banner, web-based products and processes.
- Responsible for providing functional support for the College's administrative information systems for the Student Affairs Division.
- Reviews, develops and documents system & operational controls and procedures as required.
- Responsible for optimizing the use of the Student Affairs technology portfolio and related systems, including: identifying, developing, modifying, and implementing new systems, projects, services, strategies, processes, and reports that extend across organizational lines and positively impact the College.
- Responsible for the analysis, interpretation, and implementation of changes to student information systems. The Business Systems Analyst is expected to design, configure, develop, test, implement, and maintain approved applications, interfaces, and data conversions.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure data integrity and data definition consistency.
- Coordinates changes and support with Technical Services.
- Responsible for development of new and the enhancement of existing procedures pertaining to the College's administrative student systems and third-party software.
- Consults with supervisors, programmers, and end users to gather information about program intent, functions, features, etc. and interfaces with other systems.
- Works with Technical Services staff to design or write program specifications as needed.
- Provides guidance in the formulation and coordination of an end-user training strategy, and when appropriate, developing and delivering such training.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with application software and coordinating response with Technical Services.
- Provide technical assistance in support of the business processes, and data resources used in the business offices within the Student Affairs division. Develops test plans and test cases for system enhancements, upgrades, fixes, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in user testing with functional departments for the appropriate module and validates test results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of three years' direct experience in support of student systems in an institution of higher education, with knowledge of higher education principles, practices, regulations and procedures.
- Experience working directly with or managing information systems; excellent quantitative and analytical skills; proven ability to learn and adapt to new technology and respond to existing and emergent information needs and related student services.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment. Detailed and procedure oriented, well-organized, highly principled, motivated and excellent systems-oriented and customer service skills.
- Strong functional and technical experience with Ellucian Banner.
- Experience with, but not limited to, systems applications and analysis of Degree Works, Salesforce, Parchment, and ARGOS.
- Requires sitting, standing, bending, walking, and climbing.
- Lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for a distance of 50 feet.
- Requires handling equipment weighing up to 50 pounds while pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting, and reaching while lifting.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
RVCC's starting salary is commensurate with educational qualifications and experience. We also offer an attractive benefits package.
For consideration of the above position, please submit your cover letter and resume online:
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all persons.