Associate Senior Vice President, Safety and Risk Assurance
- Hires, trains, develops, evaluates, sets goals for, and supervises campus safety staff, executing disciplinary action as needed.
- Develops short- and long-term strategic goals for the campus safety departments. Guides the development of university-wide safety, health, and/or environment-related programs and trainings required to achieve department goals. Establishes and procures corresponding personnel and resource requirements for goal achievement.
- Serves as the university's lead advisor for emergency planning and response efforts, and guides deliberations for the university's emergency response executive group, as well as for the campus-wide emergency operations center. Coordinates emergency response planning and execution in collaboration with all campus safety departments.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME), strategic partner, and source of quality analysis, advice, and recommendations for senior leadership, advising on a wide-range of institutional safety and security matters. Collaborates with risk management and other relevant university departments to proactively identify safety risks, as well as to formulate and implement risk mitigation strategies. Maintains currency with developments in the safety industry (e.g., forthcoming hazards, compliance requirements, and helpful technology).
- Liaises with government and regulatory agencies as a representative of the university, ensuring governmental safety and security compliance mandates are met. Liaises with campus departments, students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders to understand their relevant needs and challenges, and to effectively recommend and implement solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Master’s degree and 15 or more years of safety and security leadership within a large, multi-location organization, ideally within the healthcare and/or higher education sector.
- Demonstrated expertise in environmental health and safety disciplines, including research laboratory safety, radiation safety, biosafety, occupational health, and hazardous materials.
- Ability to manage and lead across organizational safety committees with leadership representation from various internal/external stakeholder groups.
- Experience leading a large organization’s public safety department, including interfacing with governmental security agencies (e.g., police, sheriff, FBI) ideally within an urban community.
- Highly knowledgeable in modern security and policing strategies, including security standards and regulations, officer training, communications, technologies, data systems, and analytics.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Experience: 10 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Ten years of safety and security leadership. Demonstrated experience with strategic development and management of safety and security programs within a large organization, with an emphasis on environmental health and safety, emergency planning and response, and mission continuity.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Safety & Security Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Executive Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Other Executive Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Los Angeles