Assistant Professor/ Director of Graduate Music Technology
The Music Department at Southern Utah University seeks applicants for a graduate program director in Music Technology. This is a ten month, full-time, non-tenure track, Assistant Professor position to commence August 16, 2021. The duties and responsibilities of this position may be met remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate the administration and governance of the Master of Music in Music Technology program;
- Teach online graduate courses in music technology and related areas (as needed);
- Serve as a point of contact for graduate students enrolled in the program;
- Review program curriculum and make recommendations for new courses and program study areas;
- Hire and advise program faculty and staff;
- Act as the liaison among the graduate students, program faculty, and the university administration;
- Act as liaison with online program management service Academic Partnerships, which markets and recruits for the program;
- Serve as the program's representative on collegiate and/or University governance committees, as appropriate;
- Oversee and coordinate recruiting efforts with the program;
- Receive, arrange for the review of, and monitor the progress of student applications and petitions;
- Oversee the maintenance of graduate student records and the annual student evaluation process;
- Provide periodic reports on the program and data to the collegiate dean;
- Carry out such other responsibilities as specified by the college(s).
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master of Music in Music Technology or a closely related field
- Portfolio that demonstrates broad expertise in music technology
- Demonstration of leadership aptitude and experience
- Record of successful teaching experience at the collegiate level, particularly in an online environment
- Graduate online teaching experience is preferred
- Demonstrable music-industry experience as a performer, composer, producer, or engineer
Need Documents to Apply:
- Cover Letter outlining the applicant's background, qualifications, and vision for the position
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for 3 professional references (Note: A request will be emailed to your references for letters of reference.)
In accordance with Utah State Code 53B-1-110, appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedar City
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedar City
- Music Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedar City
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedar City
- Other Science & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedar City