Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs and Assistant, Associate or Full Professor, Summer 2021
As the state’s flagship school, the University of Tennessee Knoxville is home to over 100 research institutes and centers and numerous specialized research laboratories and consortia. Student enrollment totals more than 29,000 and research funding surpasses $319 million. Located near the Great Smoky Mountains and numerous lakes, Knoxville offers abundant recreational attractions, cultural attractions such as opera and symphony, low cost of living, and high quality residential neighborhoods.
The College of Nursing offers:
- Office of Research Services
- Nurse-managed School-based Health Center using telehealth communications
- State of the Art Simulation Center with Smart Home for testing prototypes
- Mentorship and grant writing support at both College and University levels
- Providing recommendations to the leadership team regarding strategic program growth, direction, and organization for all graduate programs and initiatives;
- Monitoring and ensuring consistent implementation of all College, Graduate School, and University policies relevant to the graduate programs;
- Serving as the Director of Graduate Studies for the College;
- Maintaining degree program/student data in conjunction with the graduate programs advisor and Office of Student Services;
- Overseeing compliance with policies by clinical concentration coordinators and doctoral program chairs;
- Coordinating the graduate program admission process with the Graduate School Admissions Office;
- Chairing monthly Graduate Advisory Committee meetings and overseeing the strategic direction of graduate programs curricula in accordance with the CON strategic plan;
- Conducting graduate student orientation;
- Working closely with the Executive Associate Dean of Academic Affairs to plan faculty assignments related to teaching in graduate programs.
- Assisting the Executive Associate Dean of Academic Affairs with the evaluation of clinical faculty teaching in the graduate programs;
- Ensuring all DNP, PhD, and graduate certificate program accreditation standards and requirements mandated by the Tennessee Board of Nursing, CCNE, and other accrediting agencies are met and maintained; and
- Managing 5-year enrollment plan by developing specific goals and strategies for student recruitment and retention.
Minimum Qualifications for this position include:
- BSN OR MSN and earned doctorate in nursing, education or related field.
- Eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Tennessee.
- Professional experience commensurate with rank
- Evidence of research or creative activities
- Five years’ experience in academic nursing education with increasing administrative responsibility.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and commitment to the profession.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Meets eligibility for an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor
- Course work at the graduate level in curriculum development and management and leadership principles.
- Experience in managing groups of personnel including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and counseling, and terminating personnel.
- Experience with Advanced Practice Nursing Programs.
For more information, visit our website, http://apply.interfolio.com/84383. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and three letters of reference. For additional information please contact Victoria Niederhauser, DrPH, RN, PPCNP-BC, FAAN, Dean & Professor. The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, College of Nursing, 1200 Volunteer Blvd., Suite 301, Knoxville, TN 37996-4180, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening of applicant credentials will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Rank and salary based on qualifications and experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Education Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Education Administration & Leadership Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Health & Medicine Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Nursing Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville