Lecturer of Biology
Lecturer of Biology
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
The Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology in the College of Science and Mathematics at Kennesaw State University invites applications for a Lecturer of Biology position beginning in August 2021. This is a 9-month, non-tenure track, full-time position with the potential for additional compensation during the summer depending on departmental needs. The primary teaching assignment will be the introductory biology course (lecture and laboratory sections) that focuses on molecular and cellular biology and genetics; opportunity exists to teach a course(s) in the successful candidate’s specialty. The successful candidate will have experience providing instruction to students from diverse backgrounds, while effectively collaborating and cooperating with other members of the faculty, staff, and administration. The applicant must be an excellent instructor and should be familiar with curriculum development, alternative learning styles and classroom technologies.
- Teach the introductory biology course (lecture and laboratory) that focuses on molecular and cellular biology and genetics
- Participate in departmental, college, and/or university service
- Promote CSM’s commitment to inclusive excellence in STEM education.
- The successful candidate must have an earned Masters or Doctorate degree in Biology or related field, or the foreign equivalent. Prior experience teaching introductory biology at the college level is required.
- A strong record of exemplary teaching at the undergraduate level as evidenced by student evaluations
- Experience teaching online or hybrid courses
- Experience with curriculum development, high impact practices and active learning strategies
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
- Experience teaching other related courses in the discipline (e.g. cell biology, genetics, molecular genetics, microbiology)
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://facultyaffairs.kennesaw.edu/faculty_openings.php.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.