Vice President of Traditional Undergraduate Business Unit
Position: Vice President of Traditional Undergraduate Business Unit
Department: President’s Leadership Team
Reports to: President
Job Summary: This position exists for the purpose of providing leadership and management of traditional undergraduate programs in a student-focused, entrepreneurial, financially viable way, under the direction of the President.
DIMENSIONS OF THE POSITION: GENERAL
Institutional Context - An understanding of Lancaster Bible College and its place in the non-profit educational world.
- An understanding of the forces and dynamics involving higher education and a more specific understanding of Biblical higher education.
- A dedication to the mission of Lancaster Bible College | Capital Seminary & Graduate School.
- An awareness of the operation and philosophy of Lancaster Bible College | Capital Seminary & Graduation School.
- An understanding of the organizational structure of Lancaster Bible College | Capital Seminary & Graduation School College and its various departments, sites, and educational delivery methods
Personal Qualities - This is a description of the background of a candidate who is prepared to lead at this level of responsibility.
- Proactive – able to anticipate the changing dynamics and emerging opportunities in Biblical higher education.
- Growth oriented – desiring to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- Developmental – able to inspire, lead and develop employees, both spiritually and professionally.
- Professional – able to create a professional Christian atmosphere in internal and external relationships and to present a professional appearance.
- Team oriented – cooperative and willing to serve as a collaborative leader and as a member of a cohesive senior leadership team.
- Decisive – able to make and implement difficult decisions in a complex environment.
- Trustworthy – able to handle highly confidential matters in a professional and God-honoring manner.
- Relational – gifted with strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and cultural intelligence.
- Leader-follower – aligned with the President in intent and deed.
- Positive – builds confidence, reflects well on the President, lifts people in prayer.
Spiritual Qualities – these qualities demonstrate a desire to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Christ.
- Personal Relationship – an identifiable salvation experience.
- Growth – a pattern of spiritual development characterized by prayer, Bible study, and regular attendance at a local church or involvement in church ministry.
- Ministry – a commitment to ministry and encouragement of others toward the same.
DIMENSIONS OF THE POSITION: SPECIFIC
- Supervise and develop staff in accordance with LBC|Capital policy.
- Maintain a profitable operation by managing the budget and staff
- Build a thriving and growing student enrollment.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree (mandatory, doctorate preferred) in Education, Business, or related fields of study
- Leadership experience in a Christian higher education environment or a Christian organization
- Academic teaching experience at the undergraduate level (mandatory, master’s or doctorate level preferred)
- Lead and expand the mission and vision of the Traditional Undergraduate business unit to continue developing a premier, mission--focused, nationally recognized institution.
- Provide effective and efficient administration as demonstrated by growing student enrollment and sustainable profitability.
- Create an operational culture characterized by honesty, transparency, integrity, and love.
Ensure the staff composition reflect the Kingdom of God.
- Manage the daily operations and revenue generation of the unit ensuring its continual growth.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of direct reports.
- Oversee the budget planning and monthly performance of the business unit against its forecast.
- Evaluate the success of the business unit in achieving its goals and formulate plans to correct any issues if the unit is not achieving them.
- Meet recruitment goals by recruiting students locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, with special emphasis on the Lancaster, Harrisburg, and Philadelphia markets.
- Meet regularly with Marketing to assess the effectiveness of the business unit’s Marketing plan against its enrollment goals.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships, both locally and nationally, that further the mission and vision of the traditional undergraduate program. l.
- Maintain awareness of peer and aspirant institutions, expansion opportunities, customers, markets, and new market sector developments and standards.
- Work in collaboration with the Provost office to ensure high-quality accreditation, and regulatory standards are being met across the business unit’s current and future locations.
- Continually evaluate and work with direct reports and other functional areas to improve the student experience.
- Ensure the student body composition reflects or is moving towards reflecting the diversity of God’s Kingdom.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Athletics to ensure integration of the student athlete experience in the decision making of the broader traditional undergraduate experience on campus.
- Develop and ensure the delivery of high quality, “destination” traditional student experience consistent with the LBC|Capital mission and vision.
A Curriculum Vitae, Resume, letter of interest and a 1-2 page spiritual testimony may be submitted to email@example.com.
Apply for Vice President of Traditional Undergraduate Business Unit
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly