Manager, Sustainability #605251
- Work with stakeholders across campus to further NAU’s Culture of Sustainability.
- Supervise and mentor 15+ student workers. This includes preparing hiring paperwork, maintaining payroll, guiding student projects, and supervising student efforts.
- Manage NAU’s Energy Mentor Program, Green Labs Certification Program, Green Office Certification Program, and Sustainable Ambassador Program.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of community engagement as they arise: examples include orientation, Earth month, film series, and webinar speaker series.
- Continues to advance existing projects that promote sustainability and NAU’s update to the Climate Action Plan (CAP). The Current CAP categories consist of Academics & Research, Energy & Climate (conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy), Landscape/Water (chemical use, forests, water conservation), Resilience/Justice (ecosystem, infrastructure, social equity), Transportation (vehicle reduction, alt. modalities, fleet electrification) Waste Minimization and Dining (recycling, compost, reduction of waste, green dining).
- Assist on campus sustainability committees, including but not limited to: Green Fund Committee, Coordinating Committee on Sustainability (CoCoSus), Environmental Caucus Steering Committee, and Caucus Action Teams.
- A Bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Engineering, Business or directly related fields.
- Minimum of one year of progressive work experience and leadership in the area of sustainability in a large and complex environment and/or an advanced degree in a sustainability-related field.
- Advanced degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Engineering, Business or directly related fields.
- Certified Educational Facilities Professional (CEFP), LEED Accredited Professional, or closely related certification.
- Greenhouse Gas emissions accounting and reporting for a large institution.
- Displayed ability to establish new programs collaboratively with a detailed process to ensure continuity.
- Experience with leading a group via meeting facilitation and process design to further community sustainability goals.
- Experience with establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and tracking the data associated.
- Evidence of skills to develop and implement programs targeting public education, engagement, and behavior change.
- Work with academic programs to provide internship and research opportunities within the context of the living laboratory concept.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff