4D Experience Staff Co-Director
The University of Denver is committed to fostering the holistic well-being of our students (undergraduate, graduate, and professional). Informed by the university's Strategic Plan, DU IMPACT 2025, Chancellor Haefner centered a global, holistic, 4D student experience as one of five university strategic imperatives. This 4D, or four-dimensional, student experience framework provides a strong foundation upon which students can build successful futures that are purposeful and fulfilling.
The 4D Staff and Faculty Co-Directors will partner to cultivate an environment at DU for:
- Advancing intellectual growth
- Examining character
- Promoting well-being; and
- Pursuing careers and lives of purpose
Working together, the 4D co-directors will oversee the four
dimension leads in furthering the day-to-day operation and growth
of this signature strategic imperative. The 4D co-directors will
work closely with the 4D Project Manager and with advisory boards
comprised of faculty, staff, alumni/ae, and students to ensure the
continued flourishing of the 4D experience.
The 4D Staff and Faculty Co-Directors serve as the campus leaders for advancing intellectual growth, examining character, promoting well-being, and pursuing careers and lives of purpose. With the four dimension leads, the 4D co-directors will develop a comprehensive program that promotes students global, holistic growth and well-being through leadership training and a wide variety of curricular and co-curricular programming, including pre-orientation immersive experiences, living-learning communities, peer and professional (faculty and staff) mentoring, workshops, and other personal, intellectual, and professional development opportunities.
To promote the growth and flourishing of our students, undergraduate as well as graduate and professional, the 4D co-directors will lead the strategic development, implementation, and assessment of innovative, evidence-based approaches to holistic student development. The 4D co-directors are expected to stay abreast of national (and international) higher education trends regarding holistic student development and to oversee and coordinate the work of the four dimension leads in implementing the programs strategic vision.
The 4D faculty co-director reports to the Provost, and regularly meets with the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) and the Associate Vice Chancellor for Advancement. The 4D staff co-director reports to the Vice Chancellor for SAIE, and regularly meets with the Provost and the Associate Vice Chancellor for Advancement. The co-directors provide counsel to the Chancellor and other university leaders in furthering the vision of the 4D Student Experience.
Lead the 4D Student Experience Initiative
- Day-to-day leadership of the 4D Experience, i.e., making progress on programmatic developing under, and student engagement in, the four dimensions.
- In collaboration with campus partners, develop and implement a global, holistic, integrated student experience. These campus partners include the Provosts Office, SAIE, Career Development Center, and Athletics and Recreation, among others.
- Design and implement cohesive curricular and co-curricular initiatives fostering the four dimensions.
- Convene faculty, staff, alumni/ae, and student advisory boards to support the continued growth and flourishing of the 4D student experience initiative.
Oversee Program Development and Assessment
- Collaborate with campus partners to design, implement, and lead a pre-orientation immersive student experience.
- Oversee the development and launch of outreach, education, and programming across the four dimensions.
- Develop metrics and assessment tools to measure the efficacy of 4D programming and implement continuous program improvement.
- Communicate effectively with university constituents.
- Provide regular updates about the growth and progress of the 4D experience.
- Supervises the 4D Dimension Leads.
- Supervises the 4D Project Manager.
- Convenes the 4D Student, Staff, Faculty, and Alumni Advisory Board.
- Master's degree in higher education or a closely related field.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience including management experience, preferably in higher education.
- Experience in developing, managing, and assessing program initiatives related to student thriving.
- Terminal degree in higher education or a related field.
- Proven leader, thinker, strategist, and manager with demonstrated ability in creating, developing, implementing, and assessing effective student leadership and developmental growth programming.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective peer and professional (faculty and staff) mentoring programs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on March 15, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 12.
The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $90,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that
represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay
for the position at the time of posting. The University may
ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The
salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based
on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate,
departmental budget availability, internal salary equity
considerations, and available market information, but not based on
a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Denver
- Student Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Denver
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Denver
- Student Activities & Services Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Denver