IT Support Analyst, Senior (Service Desk) #605087
This position will work as a member of the Service Desk team in the Information Technology Services Department for Northern Arizona University.
Under general direction of the IT Manager of the ITS Service Desk and the Director of Service Desk and Technology Support Services, this position will provide faculty, staff and student IT support, over the phone, through email and using remote access tools in coordination with the ITS Service Desk during regular, evening and weekend hours, and a rotation of on-call.
- Serve as a senior-level team member assisting leadership with Service Desk operations providing support to on-campus, statewide, national and international students, faculty and staff with university-sanctioned applications, operating systems, Internet, other applications.
- Serve in a senior position as the central point of contact to assist customers with questions and problems via telephone, email, and in person in a 24x7-support structure.
- Serve in a senior position that investigates and provides resolutions for calls that have been escalated from intermediate staff due to the complexity of the issue.
- Work closely with other members of the Service Desk team to provide outstanding customer service to the campus community.
- Prepares detailed documentation and operating instructions for monitored and/or administered systems; documents daily activities, system updates, communication system status to on-coming staff for shift change and develop policies and procedure affecting Service Desk Support Staff for regular hours as well as after-hours and weekends.
- Coordinates Tier 3 Problem/Outage situations between technical and other support team as necessary including escalation for major situations.
- Serve as a major incident coordinator as necessary.
- Supervision of team members; may include assisting other senior level staff, IT Manager and Director with staff evaluations, managing team member workloads, leave approvals in absence of the IT Manager or Director, and the supervision of student workers.
- Perform diagnostics, installation, replacements, and repair on hardware, software, and networking on university owned equipment and on a wide variety of students' PC and Macintosh computers. Monitor and assist student employees who perform these duties.
- Prepare and update Service Desk documentation for the public web site, on campus presentations and internal documentation for the Service Desk knowledgebase.
- Inform and train co-workers on current technologies and solutions to new or ongoing issues.
- Remain current with new technologies that pertain to desktop support in higher education.
- Develop relationships among NAU departments and assist in planning for growth/change as service demands change.
- Typically performs support functions without direct supervision. Responsible for making decisions regarding support issues based on general guidelines.
- Must be sensitive to cultural diversity and accessibility issues to communicate and interact effectively with customers.
- Work closely with the other IT Professionals on campus to resolve issues that arise.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; AND,
- 3-5 years of relevant experience; OR,
- A combination of related education, experience, and training may be used as an equivalent.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff